Fitness Savvy is pleased to announce the start of our annual £2,000 scholarship for college and university students working towards a relevant qualification. Those studying courses relating to Sport Science, Nutrition, Exercise, Food Science, Medicine or Biology are eligible to apply.
About the Fitness Savvy Scholarship
We’re passionate about fitness and promoting healthy living – that’s the reason we started this company. All of the articles published on the Fitness Savvy website rely on scientific studies and review papers to help provide the best advice and guidance. Without the specialists in these fields, we would not exist.
For this reason, we are keen to invest in talented individuals and will award one person with a £2,000 scholarship. These funds may be used in the way you feel most benefits your studies.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must be:
- Attending an undergraduate or postgraduate course at a recognised UK institution (student ID number required)
- Studying towards a relevant qualification such as Sports Science, Applied Sports Science, Health & Exercise Science, Sports & Exercise Science, Biology, Nutrition etc. We have included a list of relevant courses at the end. If still in doubt, please contact [email protected] to check if your course qualifies.
- At least 16 years of age
The winner and shortlisted finalists give Fitness Savvy permission to publish:
- Your entry
- Your name
- Your hometown
How to Apply
Please select one of the following three subjects for your submission:
- Magnesium-Rich Foods & Supplements to Avoid Deficiency
- Vitamin D Deficiency – Symptoms, Treatment & Causes
- Zinc Deficiency – Symptoms & Signs
Once you have decided on a topic, follow these guidelines:
- Prepare an article of between 2,000 – 3,000 words
- Include citations using MLA format
- Email your submission (as a Microsoft Word .doc) to [email protected]
- Along with your submission, include the University/Institution name, course code, your student ID (scan or photo)
The deadline for entries for the 2019 scholarship fund is 31st March 2019.
Before judging, all entries will be verified to ensure that eligibility criteria are met. If we are not satisfied with any of the info provided, we will be in touch for clarification.
Once verified, submissions will be moved to the judging stage.
Decisions & Judging
The Fitness Savvy judges will rate each submission and shortlist one entry from each topic. The shortlisted submissions will be published in the Fitness Education section of the website.
The overall winner will be chosen, with the help of the public, however, this will not be a public vote. We encourage finalists to reach out and invite colleagues, peers, mentors and associates to support their submission by either commenting on the article itself or linking to the article from a blog or website in a relevant and/or persuasive way.
The comments should not be used to compare each of the finalists’ articles. They should, instead, look to highlight the article’s merit; draw attention to details which the layperson might otherwise overlook, or simply provide positive feedback.
It is a not a popularity contest whereby the article with the most comments or links wins: rather, this is a method we use to gain further input to fairly choose a winner.
Taking on board all the comments received, Fitness Savvy will announce the winner on the website and social media channels no later than 31st July 2019.
The £2,000 scholarship fund will be transferred to the successful applicant no later than the 31st August 2019, ahead of the start of the 2019 academic year.
Below is a list of courses and UCAS codes eligible for this scholarship. It is not an exhaustive list, so if you feel your course is relevant, then please get in touch.
- Applied Human Nutrition MSc
- Applied Nutritional Science (B400,B401)
- Applied Sport and Exercise Nutrition MSc
- Applied Sports Science (C605)
- Biochemistry (C700)
- Biological and Biomedical Science MSc
- Biological Sciences (C112,C114)
- Biology (C100,C102,C103)
- Biology and Sport & Exercise Sciences (CC16)
- Biology/Sport and Exercise Science (C1C6)
- Biomedical Engineering (BH81)
- Biomedical Engineering with Foundation (S550)
- Biomedical Science (C900,B900,B940,BC97,51T8,C98M)
- Cancer Cell and Molecular Biology MSc
- Cell and Molecular Biology (C760)
- Clinical Exercise and Rehabilitation Science (C608)
- Combined Studies (CFG0)
- Dietetics and Nutrition MSc
- Exercise & Health Science (C601,C603)
- Exercise Science (B900)
- Fitness Nutrition & Health (B400)
- Food Science (D160)
- Food Science and Nutrition MSc
- Food Science with Business (D690)
- Food Technology with Nutrition (DB64)
- Food with Nutrition (D6B4,6V34)
- Food, Nutrition and Health (BD46)
- Global Public Health Nutrition MSc
- Health & Exercise Science (C609)
- Health and Wellbeing in Society (B991)
- Health, Nutrition and Exercise Science (CC60)
- Health, Nutrition and Lifestyle (LB54)
- Human Biology & Health (C194,C195)
- Human Nutrition (B400,70W5)
- Human Nutrition (Public Health and Sports) MSc
- Life Sciences (LF01,LF02)
- MB ChB Medicine (71A8)
- Medical Engineering with Foundation (S330)
- Medicine (A100,A101)
- Natural Sciences (4T88)
- Nutrition and Food Science (BD46)
- Nutrition MSc
- Physical Activity, Health and Exercise (C6K9)
- Physical Activity, Nutrition & Health (C690,C691)
- Physiology, Sports Science and Nutrition (BC46)
- Physiotherapy (B160)
- Sport & Exercise Science Top Up (C630)
- Sport & Management (CN62)
- Sport & Psychology (CC68)
- Sport and Exercise Medical Sciences (BC03,BC04,BC16)
- Sport and Exercise Medicine (B161,B191)
- Sport and Exercise Nutrition (B400,H316,C401)
- Sport and Exercise Nutrition MSc
- Sport and Exercise Psychology (C813)
- Sport and Exercise Science (C600,C602,C606,C615)
- Sport and Exercise Science (C605)
- Sport and Exercise Science with Foundation Year (C604,C4A6)
- Sport and Exercise Science with Placement (BCC7)
- Sport and Exercise Science with Professional Practice Year (C605)
- Sport and Exercise Technology (A106)
- Sport and Nutrition for Health (H918)
- Sport Engineering (C653,HC16)
- Sport Exercise Science and Health (CX61)
- Sport Management and Coaching (CX63,CX6H)
- Sport Psychology (C890,C891)
- Sport Rehabilitation and Conditioning (C630)
- Sport Science and Coaching (C620,CC61,C612)
- Sport Science and Personal Training (C613,C614)
- Sport Science with Study Year Abroad (C606)
- Sport, Exercise and Health Science (C607)
- Sport, Health and Exercise Sciences (CB69,BC17)
- Sport, Physical Education and Development (B993)
- Sports Coaching and Performance Science (C640)
- Sports Rehabilitation Extended Degree (C63F)
- Sports Science and Physiology (BC19)
- Sports Science Top Up (C60T)
- Sports Therapy (CB63,CB64)
- Sports Therapy MSc
- Strength and Conditioning Foundation Level (C758)
- Strength and Conditioning with Foundation Year in Sport and Health (H1FY)
- Strength, Conditioning and Rehabilitation (C631,C632)
- Strength, Conditioning and Sports Nutrition (C610,C611)
Other Terms & Conditions
- Any misleading, false, or inaccurate information discovered during the verification process may lead to disqualification.
- Courses not listed in the Eligibility section may or may not be eligible. This will be decided at our sole discretion.
- All submissions should be written in English.
- All decisions are final, and not subject to appeal – including disqualifications arising from the verification process.