Schwinn 230 Recumbent Bike
Schwinn 230 Recumbent Bike Review
Fitness Savvy looked online and discovered 1049 online user reviews of the Schwinn 230 Recumbent Bike. Overall, this recumbent bike scored 4.1 out of 5. Users were pleased with the sturdy construction, built-in workouts and compact size.
- Nearly all owners were relieved to discover that it is quiet when in operation and doesn’t cause a disturbance to others.
- According to several purchasers, the console is easy to use.
- It comes with two user profiles, so more than one person can enjoy the benefits of the bike.
- Many buyers on a budget commended the price and described the machine as good value for money.
- A handful of reviewers praised the fan which kept them cool while exercising.
- Users who like to stay entertained while working out loved the media tray, sound system and mp3 player port.
- An added perk that the majority of customers appreciated was the USB charging port.
- Not ideal for tall users, specifically those over 6 feet tall.
- A couple of critics reported that the seat was not secure enough and was uncomfortable due to the lack of cushioning.
- According to a few users, it is bulky and heavy.
Discount CodesNo coupons found.
Alternative Schwinn Recumbent Bikes
You can check out reviews and ratings of Schwinn recumbent bikes at Fitness Savvy. Compare features and prices and find the best exercise bike for you.
About the Schwinn 230 Recumbent Bike
Get beach body ready with the Schwinn 230. Designed to boost cardiovascular endurance, this recumbent bike empowers users to shed unwanted pounds from the comfort of their own homes. Users can hop on and start pedalling with ease thanks to the ergonomic design. This ensures that bodyweight is distributed evenly for a supportive feel on the back and stable ride even during longer sessions.
The smooth pedalling system is easy on the joints while the adjustable seat makes for easy customisation and is suitable for all shapes and sizes. It also comes with multiple grip positions, an upright handlebar and a side handlebar so users can remain stable whilst also engaging their arms for an upper-body workout.
The MP3 inport, media tray and speakers let users listen to their favourite playlist or binge-watch the latest shows on their mobile devices while the LCD console keeps users in the loop with their progress as they blitz through calories. A handy water bottle and fan top it all off to keep users cool and hydrated for the ultimate home fitness studio experience.
Console & Interactive Features
The console displays important stats about the workout and allows users to control the resistance as they exercise. With touch control buttons, users have everything they need at their fingertips. Additionally, the dual-track display provides two separate displays on one console.
The upper display keeps users clued up on the current user, their workout programme, intensity, heart rate zone, goal display and achievement. With this data, it is easy to track progress and monitor performance as you work toward your goals.
On the other hand, the lower display highlights workout values such as speed, time, distance, current level of resistance and RPM (pedal revolutions per minute), heart rate, calories. It also has contact heart rate sensors which are activated simply putting your hands around the sensors.
Alternative Exercise Bikes Under £500
You’ll find a huge selection of exercise bikes under £500 at Fitness Savvy. Check out the alternatives below to find the best exercise bikes for your needs.
Schwinn 230 Recumbent Bike Workout Options
Workout programmes are organised into categories:
- Fun Rides (Rolling Hills, Ride in the Park, Easy Tour)
- Mountains (Pike’s Peak, Pyramids, Mount Hood)
- Challenges (Uphill Finish, Interval, Cross-Training)
It also comes with a handy fitness test programme which is perfect for beginners or those at their beginning of their fitness journey to find out what stage they are currently at. This can then inform the future decisions they make about what goals to work towards.
Heart Rate Control Workout
Users are able to get creative with their workout sessions by varying the kind of training they do each time. Alternatively, they can take a goal-oriented approach and make use of the Heart Rate Control Workout programmes which lets you set a heart rate goal for your workout. This is beneficial for those who want to engage in a steady-state session and remain in an aerobic state, calorie-burning state, or whatever they may choose.
Schwinn 230 Recumbent Bike Specs
- Resistance type: Friction
- Resistance levels: 20
- Workout programmes: 22
- Console type: LCD feeds back key info including distance, heart rate, speed
- Charging USB port
- Sound system
- Workout fan
- Transport wheels
- Heart rate grips
- Media tray
- Max. user weight: 136 kg
- Product weight: 36.3 kg
- Dimensions: 162.6 x 68.6 x 127 cm (L x W x H)
- Warranty: 2 years parts and labour
Schwinn 230 Recumbent Bike Manual
In case you’ve lost your copy, or want to check it out before you buy, we’ve included the Schwinn 230 Recumbent Bike manual PDF for you to take a look at. It includes the assembly guide, parts list, general set up and maintenance instructions.
Alternative Recumbent Bikes
With so many recumbent bikes to choose from, we want to make sure you make the right choice. Compare prices and read reviews of suitable alternatives listed below.
Specification: Schwinn 230 Recumbent Bike
|Max User Weight||
Distance, Heart Rate, Speed
|Pre-set Workout Programmes||
Transport wheels, USB port, Accessory Tray, Fan, Heart Rate Monitor