ProForm Carbon CX Exercise Bike
ProForm Carbon CX Exercise Bike Reviews
Fitness Savvy looked online and discovered 413 online user reviews of the ProForm Carbon CX Exercise Bike. Overall, this exercise spin bike scored 4.2 out of 5.
We’ve combined the customer score with our expert overview to award this spin bike a Savvy Score of 8.6 out of 10.
This score wasn’t enough to rank in our Best Spin Bikes roundup for 2022. The highest-rated bike is only £499 at the time of writing and scored an incredible 9.8 out of 10. Introducing the JTX Cyclo 6 – check out the specs below.
- The Carbon CX spin bike is easy to assemble – however, many suggest building it with two people to make it easier
- Customers report that this bike is sturdy and the general consensus is that it is well built
- While some users had issues with iFit, the majority of people said it worked fine and that they enjoyed it
- The bike is great value, coming in at an affordable price with enough features to make it a contender on anyone’s shortlist
- A few reviewers pointed out how easy it is to adjust the seat and handlebars
- It comes with a pair of 3 lb (1.5 kg) weights so you can do cross-training as well
- A handful of customers said that the bike started making squeaking noises after a few weeks of use
- A large number of people said the seat was uncomfortable – however, a more comfortable cheap replacement can be bought from Amazon so this should not be of huge concern
- When using the iFit classes, the resistance only goes up to around 4 out of 16, so there is no challenge – apparently this is a known issue which iFit are working on which might be fixed – perhaps contact them and see if they have resolved this issue before purchasing
Alternative ProForm Exercise Bikes
Compare prices and read reviews on a range of ProForm exercise bikes at Fitness Savvy. Check out the alternatives below to find the best exercise bikes for your needs.
About the ProForm Carbon CX Exercise Bike
Most people who bought the ProForm Carbon CX bike did so because of the price tag.
It’s not an expensive piece of equipment, yet is well-built, sturdy, and comes with a lot of useful features which the vast majority of customers enjoyed.
The other main reason people bought this exercise bike was for the iFit compatibility. With iFit, you can train interactively with instructors across a range of global locations.
That said, the bike operates perfectly fine without an iFit subscription so you can program your own workouts.
Included with the bike is a pair of hand weights. These are a little gimmicky, however, the size of them actually makes them great for physiotherapy exercises – something we’ll all encounter the need for at some point in life if regularly exercising.
Other standard features include a water bottle holder, transport wheels, tablet holder, adjustable feet, making this a great piece of home gym equipment.
On the negative side, some customers received faulty products, others report the machine becoming noisy after just a few weeks of use, and the biggest issue appears to be with iFit. Some people had issues connecting to the workouts, and several users point out that the resistance during training only goes up to about 4 out of 16 which is not challenging. iFit is aware of the issue and working on a fix – we assume that this should be fixed by now but it might be worth a quick call or email to them to ensure this bug is fixed before committing to a purchase.
While this ProForm Carbon CX Exercise Bike is a great option, the Savvy Score of 8.6 falls too short to be included in our Best Spinning Bikes Guide for 2022. Instead, if iFit isn’t the biggest reason for investing in this bike, we highly recommend checking out our best spinning bikes guide to find a better solution. Our highest-rated model is the JTX Cyclo 6. Check out the specs below.
Alternative Exercise Bikes Under £1000
You’ll find a huge selection of exercise bikes under £1000 at Fitness Savvy. Check out the alternatives below to find the best exercise bikes for your needs.
ProForm Carbon CX Exercise Bike Features/Benefits
- Inertia enhanced flywheel
- Integrated tablet holder
- iFit compatible
- 16 resistance levels
- Easily adjustable seat and handlebars
- Pedals with straps and optional toe cage
- Transport wheels
- Bottle holder
- Max. user weight: 115 kg (250 lbs)
- Product weight: 57 kg (125 lbs)
- Dimensions: 22 x 53 x 51 inches (L x W x H)
- Warranty: 10-Year Frame, 1-Year Parts & Labor Warranty
Alternative Spinning Bikes
You can check out reviews and ratings of spinning bikes at Fitness Savvy. Compare prices, specs, and features to find the best spin bike for your needs.
Specification: ProForm Carbon CX Exercise Bike