PhD Smart Protein
- All prices mentioned above are in British pound.
- This product is available at eBay, Amazon.co.uk.
- At ebay.co.uk you can purchase PhD Nutrition | Smart Protein Powder | Choose Flavour | 510g for only £11.99 , which is 14% less than the cost in Amazon.co.uk (£14.00).
- The lowest price of Phd Smart Protein, Versatile Shake that can be used anytime of the day, Salted Caramel,510g was obtained on December 8, 2023 11:37 pm.
|Price history for PhD Nutrition | Smart Protein Powder | Choose Flavour | 510g|
Table of Contents
PhD Smart Protein Reviews
Based on 206 customer reviews, PhD’s Smart Protein scored 4.1 out of 5. While the majority of customers were pleased with the product, it did receive some negative reviews on Amazon with some buyers reporting the mousse as being hard to swallow, and the salted caramel flavour to be sub-par compared with Optimum Nutrition’s Gold Standard Whey, and BSN’s Syntha-6.
However, it’s worth noting that ON Nutrition and BSN products are almost exclusively protein shake products. For this reason, if you want to bake brownies and other sweet goodies, Smart Protein might still be your best option. We’ve even gone to the trouble of finding a protein chocolate brownie recipe for you to try.
- Most users loved the taste
- Makes great pancakes
- Mixes well
- Good macros
- Mousse might be hard to swallow
- Most of the negative reviews relate to the salted caramel and lemon flavours – with some of these reviewers saying the chocolate one was very nice.
- Too sweet for some
PhD Smart Protein Info:
Made using ground oats, and arriving in four fantastic flavours, PhD Smart Protein is perfect for baking and creating protein-packed treats.
Smart Protein is the answer for those with a sweet tooth looking to increase their protein intake. And if you’re not fond of cooking and baking, it can be mixed into a shake, too – all bases covered, it seems. Coming in at a respectable 114-116 kcal per serving (depending on which flavour you choose), each portion contains 19 grams of protein and less than 1 gram of sugar.
If you’re wondering what kind of tasty treats you can make, think along the lines of brownies, pancakes, cakes and mousses.
- 19 grams of protein per serving
- Less than 1 gram of sugar
- Low calories – 116 or less, per serving
- Four great flavours
Alternative Phd Protein
You can check out reviews and ratings of Phd protein at Fitness Savvy. Compare prices and specs of similar items before you buy.
What’s in Smart Protein?
The primary ingredient in PhD Smart Protein is whey protein concentrate. Basically, this is the most common form of whey used in protein products. This is because it is the cheapest to produce, and has a lower protein percentage – usually around 80% or so. However, this does not mean that you get a poorer quality product. Other forms of whey such as isolate and hydrolysate might be higher in protein content, and absorb faster, but they are not as nutritionally complete.
So, if you are not lactose intolerant, and can handle a couple of grams of carbs and fat in your protein supplement, there is no real reason to avoid products made from concentrate. If you want to find out more about the pros and cons of each protein type, check out our whey protein buying guide.
Alternative Protein Bars & Snacks
Compare features and prices of alternative protein bars & snacks below.
Specification: PhD Smart Protein