Optimum Nutrition Serious Mass Weight Gain Powder
Optimum Nutrition Serious Mass
If you’re a hard gainer, Optimum Nutrition Serious Mass Weight Gain Powder supplies you with the tools you need to pack on the pounds and develop the physique you’ve always wanted.
Fitness Savvy took a look online and discovered 1,614 online user reviews. Overall, Serious Mass Gainer scored 4.3 out of 5, with Chocolate Peanut Butter being the most liked flavour.
Read on to find out more about this Optimum Nutrition mass gainer.
Why Choose Optimum Nutrition Serious Mass?
Some people really struggle to add weight. This can be particularly troublesome if you’re looking to bulk up and add some serious muscle mass. It’s certainly not uncommon for some of these individuals (often referred to as hard gainers, or ectomorphs) to actually lose weight while trying to get big!
If this is you, you’re probably looking for a high-calorie weight gain supplement to help you out. Optimum Nutrition’s Serious Mass is far from disappointing when you look at calorie content – over 1,250 per serving! But is this the best one for you?
With so many mass gainer supplements on the market, we’ve worked hard to highlight what makes this product great. As you would probably expect, there are very good reasons for why Serious Mass weight gainer is so popular:
1250 Calories Per Serving
When mixed with water, Serious Mass protein powder contains a whopping 1,250 calories! Insane, we know. But the fun doesn’t stop there: If you’re not impressed, and still looking to seriously increase your calories even more, then just mix with low-fat milk. This takes the total to a staggering 1640 calories per serving!
250g of High GI, Fast Acting Carbohydrates
Slow-release carbs such as oats will fill you up quicker. If you’re a hard gainer, this is the last thing you want! In addition, research shows that fast acting, high GI carbs are preferable, post workout, to promote glycogen uptake by muscles. This means that the energy will be stored in muscle cells, to be used exclusively for the muscle.
24 Vitamins & Minerals
There is no point in adding another 1,250 calories to your daily intake without increasing important vitamins and minerals. You’ll be glad to hear that Optimum Nutrition Serious Mass contains 24 all-important vitamins and minerals, to ensure your body is able to properly process the macronutrients. Check out the Nutrition tab to find out more about the levels contained.
Recovery & Performance Enhancing Formula
If you’re looking to maximise your muscle building capabilities, you should consider what other important ingredients are in your weight gainer, or all in one protein powder.
ON Serious Mass Gainer includes creatine (proven to increase performance), l-glutamine & Glutamine Peptides (increase protein synthesis), as well as well-researched neurotransmitters such as Choline and Inositol, and MCTs (medium chain triglycerides) for increased fat breakdown
50g of Blended Protein Per Serving
For typical protein shakes, the protein per serving is usually the most important thing to consider. With a mass gainer, protein is still very important, but we believe the ingredients mentioned earlier are the most important to consider.
However, this product contains a good blend of whey protein concentrate (which has a more balanced nutritional profile than isolate or hydrolysate), calcium caseinate, and egg protein.
Optimum Nutrition Discount Codes
If you’re looking for the cheapest mass gainer, this may very well be achieved by using one of the offer codes below. Check these deals out to see if you can save even more.
Optimum Nutrition Serious Mass Weight Gain Review and Videos
We’ve covered the overall rating of this product, but wanted to provide you with more info to help with your purchase. This is why we’ve added some YouTube taste tests, reviews, and highlighted the pros and cons, as reported by those who purchased this product.
- Easily add weight using this product
- Great macro profile
- High calories
- Mixes well with water
- Fantastic as a meal replacement
- Some people note that the strawberry flavour doesn’t mix as well as others such as vanilla or banana
- A few users reported stomach aches
- Several users thought it had a “chemical” taste to it
- Scoop is very big and might make adding it to your shaker difficult
Specification: Optimum Nutrition Serious Mass Weight Gain Powder
|Primary Protein Form|
Banana, Chocolate, Chocolate Peanut Butter, Strawberry, Vanilla
|Glutamine Per Serving|
|Creatine Per Serving|
|Fat Per Serving|
|Calories Per Serving|
|Protein Per Serving|
|Carbs Per Serving|
|Macro Ratio (Protein, Carbs, Fat)|
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
- Energy: 1252 kcal / 5247 kJ
- Protein: 49.9 g
- Total Carbohydrates: 252.1 g
- of which Sugars: 21.3 g
- of which Dietary Fiber: 2.8 g
- Fat: 4.8 g
- of which Saturates: 1.9 g
- Salt: 1.238 g
Amounts Per Serving:
- Vitamin A: 299 mcg
- Vitamin D: 2 mcg
- Vitamin E: 4 mg
- Vitamin C: 22 mg
- Thiamin: 0.5 mg
- Riboflavin: 0.6 mg
- Niacin: 7 mg
- Vitamin B6: 0.7 mg
- Folic Acid: 71 mcg
- Vitamin B12: 0.5 mcg
- Biotin: 55 mcg
- Pantothenic Acid: 2 mg
- Potassium: 1397 mg
- Chloride: 653 mg
- Calcium: 351 mg
- Phosphorus: 167 mg
- Magnesium: 83 mg
- Iron: 4 mg
- Zinc: 3 mg
- Copper: 0.65 mg
- Manganese: 0.5 mg
- Selenium: 34 mcg
- Chromium: 130 mcg
- Iodine: 51 mcg
- Sodium: 495 mg
- Maltodextrin, Protein Blend (Whey Protein Concentrate, Calcium Caseinate, Egg Albumin),Fat Reduced Cocoa Powder, Flavorings, Mineral Blend (DiPotassium Phosphate, Sodium Chloride, Ferric Pyrophosphate, Zinc Oxide Copper Gluconate, Manganese Sulphate, Chromium Chloride Hexahydrate, Potassium Iodine), Medium Chain Tri-glycerides, Creatine Monohydrate, Choline Bitartrate, L-glutamine, Glutamine Peptides (gluten), whey powder, inositol, vitamin blend (ascorbic acid, vitamin E-acetate, niacinamide, biotin, vitamin A-acetate), calcium-D-pantothenate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, folic acid, cholecalciferol, thiamine hydrochloride, riboflavin, vitamin b12, sweetener (sucralose)
Recommended Usage of Optimum Nutrition Serious Mass Weight Gain :
- Add two heaping scoops (334 g) of serious muscle mass to a large blender filled with 24 fl. oz. of cold water or milk.
- If desired, add ice and other ingredients, cover and blend on a high speed for 45-60 seconds – or until thoroughly mixed.
- New users may find it beneficial to begin with one half of a serving daily for the first week, gradually increasing to one or more full servings several times a day.
Suitability / Allergen Information:
- Contains: gluten, egg, milk
- May contain: peanuts, soy, nuts