NordicTrack RW600 Rowing Machine
- All prices mentioned above are in British pound.
- This product is available at NordicTrack UK, Sweatband.com.
- At nordictrack.co.uk you can purchase RW600 for only £999.00
- The lowest price of RW600 was obtained on December 13, 2021 3:24 pm.
NordicTrack RW600 Rowing Machine Prices
NordicTrack RW600 Rower Review
On this page, we have included everything you need to know about the NordicTrack RW600 Rower – and even included the price history, discount codes, and a price comparison table to make sure you’re getting the best price. We’ve covered what customers think, our thoughts after testing, how the RW600 compares with others in the price range, and detailed the technical specs. You can read the entire guide, or check out our quick verdict below.
Quick verdict: The RW600 is one of the best rowers you’ll get for under £1,000 – securing 5th place in our top 5 for £500 – £999. The 10″ monitor isn’t as big as other options such as the RW900, however, we found it to be more than enough – especially when you account for the £400 – £500 price difference between this option and the RW900.
You’ll discover great introduction sessions on iFit to help with rowing technique and this particular model seems to be regularly sold with a full 1-year iFit subscription, however, check with the retailer before buying!
What Customers Think About The NordicTrack RW600 Rower Review
Fitness Savvy took a look online and discovered 8 customer reviews for the NordicTrack RW600 Rower. Overall, this rowing machine scored a perfect 5 out of 5.
- All customers who reviewed the NordicTrack RW600 rowing machine gave it 5 out of 5
- Sometimes this rower is on offer with a whole year of iFit membership included – something customers were most happy with
- One customer said she physically tested lots of popular rowers in shops before committing and believes the RW600 to be the best value on the market
- Packaging is excellent meaning broken parts are unlikely on delivery, according to one buyer
- Reviewers commended iFit saying that it is engaging, entertaining and keeps them motivated
- A few people said about how the NordicTrack RW600 provides a great full-body workout
- You’ll discover beginner introduction rowing sessions to help you work on your technique
- In the US, some customers report poor customer service from Icon Fitness who own both NordicTrack and Proform. That said, we found no negative reviews for this particular machine
Alternative NordicTrack Rowing Machines
You can check out reviews and ratings of NordicTrack rowing machines at Fitness Savvy. Compare prices, specs, and features to find the right rower.
About the NordicTrack RW600 Rowing Machine
For years, the most popular rowing machine on the market was the Concept 2 Model D. In fact, this machine is still the most popular.
However, since the Model D rower hit the market, other brands have sought to build more advanced machines to compete.
ProForm and Nordictrack are two brands that seem to be racing ahead with rowing machine development, and the perfectly scoring RW600 is certainly a contender for the best rowing machine in its price bracket.
Customers raved about this machine, with everyone giving this rower a full 5 out of 5 stars.
The large 10″ monitor means you’ll have no problems following along with interactive instructors across a range of global locations. 26 levels of digital resistance make for a challenging workout – and are changed by the instructor during your workouts!
It comes with a middle of the road warranty and added comfort features such as oversized pivoting pedals and an ergonomic moulded seat.
How Does The NordicTrack RW600 Compare With Other Rowers?
When we score a rowing machine, we combine the customer ratings with our own expert analysis. This gives us the Savvy Score, which is marked out of 10.
We look at hard, comparable facts such as the screen size, product weight, resistance levels and maximum user weight.
The first thing to note is that the maximum user weight for the RW600 is low at just 115 kg (250 lbs). When you compare this to the Concept 2 which has a maximum user weight of 500 lbs, you realise that the frame on this rower is not built to last. Many fitness products come with a lifetime frame warranty or at the very least a 10 year one, whereas the RW600 only has 5 years. For this reason, we are dubious as to the long-term reliability.
The machine is also very heavy at 53 kg. This is twice as heavy as the Concept 2. When you think about it – twice as heavy with half the maximum weight load…
The RW600 does, however, outperform other rowers with its large HD screen and digital speakers.
Below is a table of the top 5 rowers in the £500 – 999 price range. As you can see, the RW600 just about made the cut, coming in 5th place. For this reason, we highly recommend checking out some of the alternatives in that list before making your purchase.
My Experience With the NordicTrack RW600.
Delivery and set-up
The delivery and set-up of the RW600 went without a hitch. It is extremely well-packaged. In fact, we’d be surprised if anyone received broken parts – I think this is as a result of complaints made about previous products. We were up and running in less than half an hour.
iFit & WiFi
Some customers have complained about NordicTrack and ProForm products forcing you to sign up for iFit and give credit card details. As with other products we have tested, this is not the case. The consoles have a Bluetooth button that you can hold for 30 seconds to bypass this.
We decided to test the iFit to see what it had to offer. One great feature was the tutorial sessions to help with rowing technique. We are used to treadmills and spin bikes, so found this most helpful.
We recommend setting up the RW600 rower close to the WiFi hub. If you can’t, you should perhaps invest in a booster to ensure that your workouts run without issues. We tried setting up the machine far from the hub and we experienced workouts buffering and cutting out – this was all down to the internet connection, not the machine itself.
Most rowing machines come with small, basic monitors, so even though the 10″ HD touchscreen is half the size of the RW900 option, it is still easy to see. There is also an option to cast from iFit to your TV as well – so there were plenty of options.
If you have your heart set on a larger monitor and can afford the extra cash, then the RW900 is a great option. Check out the best price and specs below.
I found the oversized foot pedals to be comparable with the Concept 2 Model D, and the overall comfort to be on par. My only concern is that it did not feel quite as sturdy as the Concept 2, and it is much heavier – almost twice the weight, so if you need to move it regularly, then this might be a big negative.
NordicTrack RW600 Specs
- 10″ Smart HD Touchscreen – this console is also adjustable so you can get it to the right height and angle in order to see it clearly and operate it easily
- Inertia-enhanced flywheel
- Oversized, pivoting pedals for extra comfort and confidence
- Ergonomic moulded seat
- 26 levels of digital resistance- a mixture of magnets and air make for a realistic rowing experience – and all can be changed automatically by your trainer during interactive live stream workouts
- 2 x 2″ digitally amplified speakers
- Transport wheels
- Max user weight: 115 kg
- Product weight: 53 kg
- Dimensions: 221 x 56 x 119 cm (L x W x H)
- Warranty: comes with 5 year frame warranty, 2 years parts and labour warranty, extended to 24 months upon registering with ICON Health and Fitness within 28 days of purchase
Alternative Rowing Machines
You can check out reviews and ratings of rowing machines at Fitness Savvy. Compare features and prices and find the right rower for your goals.
ProForm 750R Rowing Machine£699.00
ProForm Sport RL Rower Rowing Machine£579.99
ProForm 440R Rowing Machine£399.00
ProForm Carbon R10 Rowing Machine£999.00
Roger Black Gold Air Rower£349.00
Opti Magnetic Rowing Machine£169.99
V-fit Tornado Air Rower Rowing Machine
V Fit AR1 Artemis 2 Air Rowing Machine£308.57
Impetus IA 6800am Air Magnetic Folding Rower£600.00
Concept 2 Rower Machine Model D with PM5 Console£875.00
ProForm R600 Rowing Machine£599.00
Specification: NordicTrack RW600 Rowing Machine