New Balance 990 v5
- All prices mentioned above are in British pound.
- This product is available at Amazon.co.uk, eBay.
- At ebay.co.uk you can purchase New Balance 990v5 Made in USA Dark Green Men Sz 8 US for only £110.07
- The lowest price of New balance 990v5 Kawhi Leonard Toronto Raptors.Championship Pack 10.5uk/11us was obtained on September 8, 2021 10:02 am.
|Price history for New Balance Women's Made in US 990v5 Sneaker, Navy/Silver, 6.5 UK|
New Balance 990 v5 Review
Fitness Savvy looked online and discovered 5460 online user reviews of the New Balance 990 v5. Overall, these road running shoes scored 4.6 out of 5. Users were pleased with the flexibility, true to size fit and long-lasting comfort.
- The New Balance 990 version 5 offers incredible, cloud-like comfort, according to users who loved how pillow-soft this shoe is.
- Many runners were also impressed with the foam midsole and said it was the perfect balance of cushioning and support.
- A couple of New Balance fans noticed that the 990 v5 is more comfortable than the previous model.
- It is versatile, and reviewers say it can be worn on the treadmill and elliptical, as well as for general physical activity.
- Some buyers who wore the pair for school or work all day said that they did not experience any foot fatigue.
- It can be paired with any type of clothing from shorts and jeans to skirts and trousers, for a casual, dressed-down look.
- Lots of customers appreciated how the breathable upper kept them cool on hot days.
- The upper came under fire from a handful of users who reported that holes appeared after a few uses.
- It is heavier than the previous model.
- There were also a few complaints about the tongue causing skin irritation and being too large.
- According to a small percentage of buyers, the insole did retain its structure and quickly became flat.
About the New Balance 990 v5
Alongside modern style, New Balance offers a runner’s look fuelled by streetwear style. The New Balance 990 v5 is a stability shoe designed to support overpronating runners as they take on the streets. It delivers cushioning and support to keep you comfortable from your morning meeting to your evening catch-up with friends.
New Balance caters to runners of all shapes and sizes with models available for both men and women. Runners can also choose from multiple width sizes, including narrow, normal, wide and x-wide.
Additionally, this pair is suitable for individuals who suffer from shin splints, plantar fasciitis, knee pain, arthritis pain, bunions, and Morton’s-neuroma. Heavyset runners can also rock this pair with confidence as it can support the weight of larger users.
A carefully constructed upper features a combination of pigskin suede and mesh. The pigskin suede is firmer than other suede materials, making it more durable, yet it is soft and gentle on the skin for an irritation-free fit. Open mesh panels are strategically placed for optimal ventilation, and a dual-density foam collar cushions the ankle in plush comfort.
Extra reinforcement comes in the form of a TPU power strap near the Achilles area and keeps the foot locked inside the shoe. This means that even at explosive speeds, the foot remains secure and there is no risk of accidental slippage or wobbling.
The lightweight midsole is comprised of Encap technology which works to correct foot alignment and prevent overpronation without the extra weight. Full-length ABZORB foam supports runners across long-distances so you can log miles without feeling fatigued.
It also works with ABZORB SBS in the forefoot to provide smooth heel-to-toe transitions and fuel each stride with fresh energy. Additionally, it absorbs the impact of ground contact and eases the pressure of each landing on the muscles, tendons and joints. Beneath that is Acteva foam which is 12% lighter than traditional foam and cushions every step to help you power through the day.
The outsole holds up against the pressures of regular use and high impact. It also delivers solid grip without weighing you down. Abrasion-resistance rubber is strategically placed on the lateral sides and the heel area for enhanced durability that will last you for miles to come.
On the rest of the outsole is softer, standard blown rubber which adds a little extra cushioning when you’re pounding the pavement. The two work together to deliver reliable traction so you can make sudden stops and quick turns with confident footing. Fans of the New Balance 990 V5 also enjoyed the Mizuno Wave Inspire 16 and New Balance 940 v4.
New Balance 990 v5 vs New Balance 990 v4
Unlike the previous version, the v5 provides a more secure fit via the TPU powerstrap.
On one hand, the v4 offers better ventilation, making it ideal for hot weather, yet it has firmer cushioning. Additionally, it’s more lightweight, which prevents foot fatigue.
On the other hand, the v5’s suede upper isn’t as breathable. However it offers more plush cushioning via the new Ortholite sockliner, making it perfect for all-day wear.
Despite sharing a similar outsole, the v4 is more durable, whereas the v5 delivers more traction.
Alternative Road Running Shoes
You’ll find a huge selection of road running shoes at Fitness Savvy. Check out the alternatives below to find the best road running shoes.
New Balance 990 v5 Features
- Terrain: Road
- Usage: All-day wear, Jogging
- Colours available: Black, Blue, Green, Grey, Pink, Purple, Red, Silver, White
- Width: Narrow, Normal, Wide, X-Wide
- Material: Rubber Sole
- Arch support/Pronation: Stability/Overpronation
- Heel height: 27 mm
- Drop: 12 mm
Alternative Running Shoes
You can check out reviews and ratings of running shoes at Fitness Savvy. Compare features and prices and find the best running shoes for you.
Specification: New Balance 990 v5