- All prices mentioned above are in British pound.
- This product is available at JTX Fitness.
- At jtxfitness.com you can purchase JTX Strider-X7: Home Cross Trainer for only £399.00
- The lowest price of JTX Strider-X7: Home Cross Trainer was obtained on September 18, 2020 8:29 pm.
JTX Strider-X7 Review
Fitness Savvy looked online and discovered 319 online user reviews of the JTX Strider-X7. Overall, this cross trainer scored 4.5 out of 5. Users were pleased with the sturdy build, wide selection of workout programmes and smooth action.
- Homeowners praised the compact design and loved how it doesn’t take up much space.
- Plenty of reviewers described it as “perfect” for home use because it is quiet in operation and doesn’t disturb others.
- The 4 ‘Design Your Own’ options give users the freedom to create custom workout programmes.
- Most buyers agreed that it is a worthwhile investment and worth splashing out on for the high quality.
- Fitness fanatics were impressed with the ergonomics of the machine.
- Tonnes of users gave high praise to the robust construction, noting that it is on par with commercial cross trainers in gyms.
- The console is user friendly, and the quick buttons allow users to make adjustments without stopping their workout.
- It doesn’t include a drinks holder or tablet holder.
- Some customers would have appreciated clearer instructions for the assembly process and programmes.
- It is not ideal for users over 5 ft 9 inches tall according to some users.
- A couple of buyers observed that it squeaks and rattles quite a lot.
Alternative JTX Cross Trainers
Compare features and prices of alternative JTX cross trainers below.
About the JTX Strider-X7
Get a full-body workout from the comfort of your own home with the JTX Strider-X7 cross-trainer. Featuring 16 levels of electro-magnetic resistance, the JTX Strider-X7 cross trainer is a brilliant option for anyone looking to lose weight or maintain their fitness without forking out the cash for a gym membership.
Exercising is never boring when you’ve got 21 workout programmes that target both the upper and lower body at your fingertips. On top of that, users have the freedom of designing up to four different personalised programmes to suit their needs for the ultimate tailor-made routine. The touch screen console keeps you on track by displaying key fitness stats so you can stay on focused on your goals till the end.
Transport wheels in the front make it easy to move around so it can be stored away when not in use. The adjustable floor pads also mean that it can be placed on slightly uneven surfaces and remain stable. With a space-saving design, this compact machine can fit perfectly in most homes and is suitable for those with limited space.
Resistance Options & Stride Length
With 16 levels of electro-magnetic resistance and a 12.5 kg flywheel, users can customise their workouts to suit their needs. Lower resistance levels are ideal for low-impact exercises as well as warming up and cooling down sessions. Users can also work up a sweat as they reach the higher end, which offers a more challenging workout. Even when your workout gets tough, the pedalling remains smooth, and the machine remains quiet thanks to the magnetic brake system.
A stride length that is too long can lead to injury due to the over-extension of the muscles in the legs while a short stride length can lead to restrictive movements and ineffective exercise. The JTX Strider-X7 is designed with a 16-inch stride length to support natural motion which allows users to engage in high-intensity workouts comfortably.
It boasts 21 pre-programmed workouts for you to choose from, so training sessions are always varied and exciting, no matter your fitness level. Users can also create and save up to four custom workouts. The heart rate programme is also an effective way of increasing physical fitness and managing weight loss or maintenance goals.
A wide variety of movements can be performed to achieve a full-body workout for toning and sculpting. You can target your upper body by holding onto the handle and letting your arms power your work out. Alternatively, you can work on your core by letting go of the handles, maintain an upright posture and letting your abdominal muscles do all the work. This also targets the lower body as it activates muscles in the legs and bottom. Overall, users can increase their stability and endurance as well as improve their balance.
The full-colour touch screen computer quickly displays key workout metrics including speed, calories time, distance, body fat and pulse measurement. It is kitted out with 21 workout programs, plus four custom programmes so that you never get bored. You can choose from a variety of options, including hill sessions and interval training as well as fat burning and heart rate programs.
Users can also enjoy a cardiovascular workout with the heart rate training programme. The console works via the pulse sensors on the handle to monitor your heart rate and then modifies the resistance to keep you in the ideal rate zone. It is also compatible with Polar technology and the heart rate tracking chest straps can be connected to the inbuilt Polar receiver. Quick buttons make it super convenient to amp up the resistance or take things down a notch during sessions, especially interval training.
Alternative Cross Trainers Under £500
You can check out reviews and ratings of cross-trainers under £500 at Fitness Savvy. Compare features and prices and find the right elliptical for your needs.
JTX Strider-X7 Features, Benefits & Specs
- Resistance type: magnetic
- Resistance levels: 16
- Workout programmes: 21
- Stride length: 16″
- Flywheel weight: 12.5 kg
- Console type: full-colour touchscreen
- Includes wheels for easy transportation.
- Max. user weight: 130 kg
- Product weight: 57.4 kg
- Dimensions: 130 x 70 x 170 cm (L x W x H)
- Warranty: 2 Year Repairs + 5 Year Frame Warranty
Alternative Cross Trainers & Ellipticals
With so many cross trainers & ellipticals to choose from, we want to make sure you make the right choice. Compare prices and read reviews of suitable alternatives listed below.
Specification: JTX Strider-X7
|Max User Weight||
|Stride Length (inches)||
Resistance, Calories Burned, Distance, Heart Rate, Time
|Pre-set Workout Programmes||
Transport wheels, Display, Heart Rate Monitor, Resistance, Touchscreen