Concept 2 Rower Machine Model D with PM5 Console
- All prices mentioned above are in British pound.
- This product is available at eBay, Amazon.co.uk, Best Gym Equipment, Decathlon UK, Argos.
- At ebay.co.uk you can purchase Concept2 Model D Indoor Rower with PM5, Black for only £800.00, which is 62% less than the cost in Amazon.co.uk (£2,099.99).
- The lowest price of (Gymstock) Concept 2 Model D Indoor Rower (black) with PM4 Monitor was obtained on May 24, 2022 11:46 pm.
- Prices do not include shipping
Concept 2 Rower Machine Model D with PM5 Console Prices
Table of Contents
Concept 2 Model D Rower Review
On this page, you will discover everything you need to know about the Concept 2 Model D Rowing Machine. Check out the contents menu below to find links to what customers think, what Fitness Savvy thinks, how it compares with other rowers and to check out the features and specs.
Firstly, it is worth noting that the Concept 2 Model D is currently rated as the best rowing machine for 2022 in our buying guide.
What Customers Think of the Concept 2 Model D
The Concept 2 Model D is, hands down, the most popular rowing machine in the world, today, according to customer ratings.
In total, we found 588 online user reviews. This incredible rowing machine scored a jaw-dropping 4.97 out of 5, with only 6 people giving it less than 5 stars. That’s an unprecedented 98.8% of users giving it full marks.
- A sturdy machine – it is easy to understand why this is used in so many commercial gyms across the globe.
- Fantastic connectivity and options to save workout data.
- Customers were pleased with the simple and straightforward assembly
- Lots of helpful videos on YouTube and Fitness Savvy
- The heavy 4.3 kg flywheel means you get quiet and smooth operation
- A wide range of workouts – from beginner to advanced; light workout to intense
- Spare parts readily available
- Easy to maintain
- One user found it uncomfortable
- The chain was not on properly, as one customer reported. They believed better quality control was needed and gave it only 2 stars for this
- A minor drawback is that black marks can appear on the rail where the seat rollers contact it
How Does the Concept 2 Model D Rower Compare With Other Rowing Machines?
One of the most important things to consider before buying a rowing machine is how it compares with other options.
To make it fair, you should compare with other products in the same price category. As you might expect, more expensive rowers come with extra features.
The Concept 2 Model D falls within the £500 – £999 price budget.
You might notice that each rower on our website has been given a Savvy Score. We calculate this by combining the customers overall rating with our own internal rating.
teOur rating accounts for the features of the rower based on the price. For example, the product weight (a lighter rower is more desirable), the resistance levels, monitor size, maximum user weight and whether it is foldable or not.
The Model D scored an exceptional 9.9 out of 10, and as such, ended up in first place. The only thing letting it down is the small monitor, which when compared with the large 22″ on the NordicTrack RW900 is sub-standard.
Below is an image comparing the key features of the Concept 2 Model D with the current top 4 rowers in the UK.
You can also compare features of all rowing machines in this table.
My Experience With the Concept2 Model D
Regarded as the “standard” for indoor training, competitive rowers swear by this immense machine.
However, this cardio machine is not designed strictly for professionals and Olympic-level athletes: with its compact size, and excellent price point, it is a fantastic alternative to exercise bikes for your home gym.
So, what makes the Concept 2 Rowing Machine so awesome? Well, here are my thoughts after testing this rowing machine.
The USB-compatible, backlit PM5 adjustable monitor provides vital data – just like most other rowing machines. However, it feels inferior compared with the large HD monitors on NordicTrack and ProForm Fitness products.
If interactive training and HD word locations are your thing, then you should consider the NordicTrack RW600 or RW900. The RW900 has better specs, but is more expensive (falling in the £1000 – 1999 bracket). That said, the RW600 has similar specs with a smaller monitor (10″ vs. 22″) but at 10″ it is still more than enough according to most customer reviews.
It is worth noting that to maximize the benefits of NordicTrack products, you will require an iFit subscription.
Mobility & Storage
One of the things we already mentioned was the compact size. We found the quick-release frame lock mechanism (which separates into two pieces for storage) easy to use, but not as simple as other rowers which simply fold and wheel away. To be fair, most rowers are foldable nowadays and the technology is improving.
Ergonomic Handle & Adjustable Footrests
Accommodating a wide range of shoe sizes, the adjustable footrests allow for quick and easy positioning. My feet are not abnormally large, but I found the machine comfortable and would expect even those with huge feet to have no issues. The Concept 2 Model D also Features an ergonomic handle, which I found comfortable to hold.
Flywheel & Damper
Using the dampener, users can adjust the airflow to the 4.3 kg flywheel to find their perfect feel. While many reviews state that the Model D is quiet, I found it noisier than other similarly priced alternatives. If quietness is the most important to you, we again can recommend the RW900 which one customer said was suitable to use even with a sleeping baby, and another said he used it at 4 am with no issues.
It took us just 25 minutes from delivery to get the rower set up. It only has 8 screws, along with easy to understand instructions.
Durable & Easy to Maintain
Oiling the chain on fitness equipment can be a nuisance – especially for those who are not great at maintaining their purchases. The nickel plating on the Concept2 rowing machine removes this chore. Not only does it reduce the regularity of oiling, but also retains a smooth ride.
Alternative Rowing Machines Under £1000
You’ll find a huge selection of rowing machines under £1000 at Fitness Savvy. Check out the alternatives below to find the best rowing machine for your needs.
Concept 2 Rower Model D Specs
- Seat height: 61 cm (14 inches)
- Air resistance: adjustable with a spiral dampener
- Foldable: separates into 2 for easy storage
- Heart rate monitoring: compatible with popular wireless heart rate monitors (ANT+ and Bluetooth Smart)
- Workouts: includes pre-set workouts so you can start right away
- Adjustable footrests: ensures a comfortable workout for people of all sizes
- Ergonomic handles: 10-degree bend for a natural rowing action
- Accessories: Performance Monitor Quick Start Guide; USD Flash Drive
- Product weight: 26 kg
- Powder-coated finish
- Nickel-plated chain: low maintenance and more durable
- 4.3kg flywheel
- Max. user weight: 227 kg (500 lbs)
- Dimensions: 244 x 61 x 36 cm (L x W x H)
- Storage dimensions: 64 x 84 x 138 cm
- Warranty: For home and light commercial use this product comes with a 5-year frame warranty and 2 years on the Performance Monitor and moving parts.
Concept 2 User Manual
Alternative Rowing Machines
You can check out reviews and ratings of rowing machines at Fitness Savvy. Compare features and prices and find the right bag for your goals.
NordicTrack RW900 Rowing Machine£1,499.00
Roger Black Gold Air Rower£349.00
Opti Magnetic Rowing Machine£180.00
V-fit Tornado Air Rower Rowing Machine
V Fit AR1 Artemis 2 Air Rowing Machine£180.00
NordicTrack RX800 Rowing Machine£450.00
ProForm R600 Rowing Machine£300.00
Specification: Concept 2 Rower Machine Model D with PM5 Console