Bowflex MAX Trainer M8
Bowflex Max Trainer M8 Review
The latest addition to this ever-popular HIIT cardio training series is the Bowflex MAX Trainer M8. Improving on previous versions, this cross-trainer and stepper machine hybrid currently scores an impressive 4.6 out of 10 from 195 online customer reviews. Professional reviewers are also praising the machine with many giving it full marks. Users were pleased with the range of workout options, the quick and easy setup and the low-impact nature.
- Most reviewers felt that the Bowflex M8 represents fantastic value.
- Great for those with knee joint problems. This is because it is a low-impact machine.
- Quick and easy to set up – should take an hour or so.
- Compact and easy to move around if needed.
- Users are happy with the range of workout programmes and versatility.
- Multiple reviewers commended the quietness, with one saying it is the quietest cardio machine she has ever used.
- The customer service at Bowflex was great at helping customers with problems, as reported by the majority of reviewers.
- A buyer who previously owned an M5 was impressed with the new features stating that the ergonomics were far better and the handlebars greatly improved.
- The plastic materials are flimsy, according to some buyers, making it look “cheap” and in one instance was already separating from other sections upon opening.
- A small number of users report that the machine is not sturdy, with one reviewer attributing it to the 1/4″ lateral give in the rollers. This, in effect, makes the foothold feel loose.
- One reviewer was unhappy with the faulty unit they received. They were sent a replacement part to fix the issue, which did not work, and were repeatedly sent other replacement parts to try and fix the problem which became frustrating.
Alternative Bowflex Elliptical Cross Trainers
You can check out reviews and ratings of Bowflex elliptical cross trainers at Fitness Savvy. Compare features and prices and find the right Bowflex elliptical for your needs.
About the Bowflex MAX Trainer M8
The MAX Trainer M8 is the latest addition to this Bowflex cross trainer/stepper series. The whole concept of this machine is to combine the calorie-burning power of a stepper and low-impact motion of the elliptical.
The unique design makes the Bowflex MAX Trainer smaller than a traditional elliptical, so saves on space. With the addition of wheels/rollers, it is also easy to relocate within your home.
With many improvements to its predecessor, the MAX Trainer M7, the M8 is certainly worth a look. We’ve examined the main features and compared them with the M7 and others in the series to help you better understand this model.
Improvements to the M7
Firstly, we thought it best to check out the improvements to the previous model. The main thing we noticed was the larger console, which is re-positioned to make it more accessible.
Bowflex has also improved the tablet holder, making it magnetic for a better and more secure attachment.
Minor improvements include the addition of a USB charger, Bluetooth heart rate monitoring and enhanced colour scheme.
Users will also be able to connect to the new Max Intelligence App.
The MAX Intelligence App
You might have been wondering what this new Max Intelligence app is all about. Firstly, let’s make it clear that this app requires a subscription (which costs $149 per year).
The app develops personalised and guided workouts which are tailored to suit your capabilities. Using your workout history, the app learns about your training habits and creates unique workouts to meet your needs, goals, and capabilities.
It features a library of trainer-led videos and celebrates milestones and achievements by using in-depth training analysis.
It doesn’t matter if you have an hour or just four minutes to workout, the app will provide a workout that will make the time count.
Alternative Cross Trainers Under £2500
You’ll find a huge selection of cross trainers under £2500 at Fitness Savvy. Check out the alternatives below to find the best ellipticals for your needs.
Features, Benefits & Specs
- 20 resistance levels – some cardio machines feature lots of resistance levels, but they all feel the same. The Max trainer is not one of those. We found most users never reached the higher levels of resistance!
- Dual-mode LCD/LED display – the monitor feeds back key info such as calorie-burn rate, time, distance, resistance level and more.
- Add time feature – easily add additional time to your workout at the touch of a button.
- Max Intelligence App – as mentioned, this app is personalised with dynamic coaching and rewards.
- Magnetic media tray – keep your devices secure with this improved media tray attachment.
- Multi-grip, dynamic handlebars – customers praised the improved handlebars in their reviews. Three different positions help users activate a higher percentage of upper-body muscles.
- Up to 4 user profiles – perfect for those with families who are keen to use the machine and wish to set up their profile and track their own stats.
- One-touch buttons – quickly and effortlessly change resistance levels and add time to your workout.
- Heart rate monitoring – keep track of your heart rate and keep it in the ideal range with accurate heart rate monitoring.
- Sports performance pedals – secure your feet with these premium pedals.
- Transport wheels/rollers – easily relocate your MAX trainer.
- Other features – includes a water bottle holder and USB charger
- Minimum ceiling height – it’s important to ensure you have enough space. For this machine, you should add 38 cm (15″) to the tallest user’s height. This will provide adequate headroom.
- Max. user weight: 136 kg
- Product weight: 67 kg
- Dimensions: 122 x 78 x 166 cm (L x W x H)
- Warranty: 2 years parts and labour
Best Price & Discount Codes
If you’re looking for the best Bowflex MAX Trainer M8 price, then you’re in the right place. At Fitness Savvy, we compare prices from top retailers including Argos, Amazon, eBay, Sports Direct and many more. With prices changing daily, and new discount codes appearing regularly, you should check back here before you buy home fitness equipment.
Check out the latest vouchers and offers below to see if you can save more and get a great deal on this product.
Bowflex MAX Trainer vs. ProForm HIIT Cardio Trainer
The market for low-impact elliptical/stepper hybrids is dominated by two products – the Bowflex MAX Trainer, and the ProForm HIIT Cardio Trainer
If you’re unsure which is best for you, we’ve taken some of the work away and highlighted what makes each item stand out.
- Price – the most important thing for many people is the price. The ProForm HIIT comes in at Â£999 compared with Â£1,999 for the Bowflex MAX Trainer M8.
- Customer Review Score – while it is certainly cheaper, the ProForm HIIT Cardio trainer scored just 3.5 out of 5 from nearly 600 customer reviews compared with 4.6 out of 5 for the M8.
- Footprint – at 74 x 132 cm vs. 122 x 78, the ProForm takes up more floor space – 252 square centimetres to be precise. To put in perspective, this is about 16 x 16 cm of extra room, so not a huge difference, to be fair.
- Resistance Levels – the ProForm wins this battle, with 24 digital resistance levels vs. 20 for the MAX Trainer. That said, many reviewers stated that they never got close to the higher levels on either machine.
- Max. user weight – the Bowflex wins hands down on this front at 136 kg vs. 115 kg for the ProForm.
- Warranty – in the UK, both the MAX Trainer and ProForm HIIT Cardio trainer come with 2 years parts and labour warranty.
- Other Features – the ProForm includes speakers, is iPod compatible, and has more pre-set workout programmes (32 vs. 7)
So, which should you choose? If budget is a limiting factor then the ProForm HIIT Cardio Trainer will do the job. Some reviewers who tested both actually preferred the ProForm HIIT Cardio Trainer, so there is real competition between these two home cardio machines.
The Bowflex MAX Trainer does score higher from customer reviews, but most of them at this early stage are from the manufacturer’s own website. From our experience, the websites of brands tend to receive higher review scores than other outlets.
Time will tell, but at half the price, it is difficult to justify spending twice the amount on the MAX Trainer M8.
Manual & Assembly Instructions
In case youâve lost your copy, or want to check it out before you buy, here is a link to the Bowflex MAX Trainer M8 manual PDF. It includes the assembly guide, parts list and general set up and maintenance instructions.
Alternative Cross Trainers & Ellipticals
With so many cross trainers & ellipticals to choose from, we want to make sure you make the right choice. Compare prices and read reviews of suitable alternatives listed below.
Specification: Bowflex MAX Trainer M8
Bluetooth, Calories Burned, Distance, Heart Rate, Time
Tablet/Phone holder, Water Water Bottle Holder, Accessory Tray, Adjustable Handlebars, Bluetooth, Display, Hand Pulse, Heart Rate Monitor, Pull-up Bar, Resistance, Wheels/Rollers
|Max User Weight|
|Pre-set Workout Programmes|