Bowflex MAX Trainer M5
Bowflex MAX Trainer M5 Reviews & Videos
We took a look online and discovered 175 customer reviews of the Bowflex MAX Trainer M5. Overall, this cardio machine scored 4.6 out of 5.
As the middle-of-the-road option in the MAX Trainer series, the M5 scored higher than the M3 and the M7 (which scored 4.4 and 4.5, respectively). If you want to find out more about what each model offers, simply check out our Bowflex MAX Trainer Buying Guide.
- Low impact, and great for users with joint problems such as arthritis
- While some reviewers report it as being “flimsy”, the vast majority disagree, pointing out the heavy-duty commercial strength steel frame as an example
- Very easy to assemble – should take around an hour – give or take. Don’t invest in the installation, as everyone who did say that it was not necessary
- Smooth and quiet operation
- The use of arms in the exercises make it feel more like a total body workout
- An internal bolt fell out after just three uses. On inspection, all three bolts for the belt wheel were loose.
- Belt wheel is made from plastic – not great, considering the price and advertised quality of the product
- The display screen is a little bit low according to some users
- The bottle holder is hard to reach – could have been better positioned
- Sometimes lots of hand adjustment is needed to get a proper reading from the heart rate monitor
Bowflex MAX Trainer M5 Features & Benefits
- 16 resistance levels: easily adjusted with one-touch buttons located on both the console and handlebars.
- 9 workout programmes: Max 14 Minute Interval, Power Interval, Fitness Test, Manual, Stairs, Calorie Burn, Steady Pace, Calorie Goal, Fat Burn.
- Pedals: upgraded – these are better than the standard ones on the M3, but not as large as the Sport performance stainless steel pedals you’ll find on the M7.
- Premium grips: ergonomic grips – these are better than the standard grips of the M3 but not as good as the advanced commercial-grade + Aero Bar handlebars of the M7.
- User profiles: 2 vs. 4 on the M7
- Burn rate dial – displays your personalised burn rate target against your actual burn rate – a great motivational tool!
- Interactive blue backlit display. View your important workout stats such as calories burned, speed, time, distance and heart rate.
- Bluetooth technology – sync your machine to the free Max Trainer App for more technical workout tracking.
- Media shelf/tablet holder
- Water bottle holder: no cardio machine would be complete without a trusty water bottle holder!
- Compact: small footprint makes this machine perfect for home gyms and those with smaller space availability.
- Dimensions – 117.1 x 63.5 x 159.8 cm (L x W x H)
- Warranty: home use; 2 years parts and labour.
Bowflex MAX Trainer M5 Best Price & Discount Codes
If you’re looking for the best MAX Trainer prices, then you’re in the right place!
At Fitness Savvy, we compare prices from top retailers to ensure you’re getting the best deal.
With prices changing every day, you should always check back here before you buy gym equipment.
Here we’ve included discount codes which might be relevant to this item. Check out the ones listed below to see if you can save even more!
What’s The Difference Between the M3, M5 and M7?
You might have come across other variations of the Bowflex Max Trainer. Whether you have or haven’t, we’ve summarised what makes each model unique:
As you can see from the table below, the M5 has more options and features than the M3, but not as many as the M7.
Specification: Bowflex MAX Trainer M5
Bluetooth, Calories, Distance, Heart Rate, Speed, Time
|Pre-set Workout Programmes|
Bottle Holder, Display, iPad Holder, Resistance
|Max User Weight|
Click to check out the Bowflex Max Trainer M5 Owner’s Manual.