Bowflex MAX Trainer M5
- All prices mentioned above are in British pound.
- This product is available at Decathlon, Proform Fitness.
- At decathlon.co.uk you can purchase Decathlon Proform Cardio Hiit Trainer for only £799.99, which is 20% less than the cost in Proform Fitness (£999.00).
- The lowest price of Cardio HIIT Trainer was obtained on October 31, 2020 7:00 pm.
Bowflex MAX Trainer M5 Prices
This product is out of stock, however, check out the ProForm HIIT Trainer which is actually cheaper and is very similar in features and is currently IN STOCK!!
|Stride Length (inches)||
Bluetooth, Calories, Calories Burned, Distance, Heart Rate, iPod Connector, Pulse, Speed, Time
Tablet/Phone holder, Water Water Bottle Holder, Bluetooth, Display, Fan, Hand Pulse, Heart Rate Monitor, Quick Touch Keys, Resistance, Water Bottle Holder, Wheels/Rollers, Wide-Grip Pull-Up Bar, Workout Programmes
|Max User Weight||
|Pre-set Workout Programmes||
Bowflex MAX Trainer vs ProForm HIIT Cardio Trainer
The market for low-impact elliptical/stepper hybrids is dominated by two products – the Bowflex MAX Trainer, and the ProForm HIIT Cardio Trainer
If you’re unsure which is best for you, we’ve taken some of the work away and highlighted what makes each item stand out.
- Price – the most important thing for many people is the price. The ProForm HIIT comes in at £999 compared with £1,999 for the Bowflex MAX Trainer M8.
- Customer Review Score – while it is undoubtedly cheaper, the ProForm HIIT Cardio trainer scored just 3.5 out of 5 from nearly 600 customer reviews compared with 4.6 out of 5 for the M8.
- Footprint – at 74 x 132 cm vs 122 x 78, the ProForm takes up more floor space – 252 square centimetres to be precise. To put in perspective, this is about 16 x 16 cm of extra room, so not a huge difference, to be fair.
- Resistance Levels – the ProForm wins this battle, with 24 digital resistance levels vs 20 for the MAX Trainer. That said, many reviewers stated that they never got close to the higher levels on either machine.
- Max. User weight – the Bowflex wins hands down on this front at 136 kg vs 115 kg for the ProForm.
- Warranty – in the UK, both the MAX Trainer and ProForm HIIT Cardio trainer come with 2 years parts and labour warranty.
- Other Features – the ProForm includes speakers, is iPod compatible, and has more pre-set workout programmes (32 vs 7)
So, which should you choose? If budget is a limiting factor, then the ProForm HIIT Cardio Trainer will do the job. Some reviewers who tested both preferred the ProForm HIIT Cardio Trainer, so there is real competition between these two home cardio machines.
The Bowflex MAX Trainer does score higher from customer reviews, but most of them at this early stage are from the manufacturers own website. From our experience, the sites of brands tend to receive higher review scores than other outlets.
Time will tell, but at half the price, it is difficult to justify spending twice the amount on the MAX Trainer M8.
Bowflex MAX Trainer M5 Reviews & Videos
We took a look online and discovered 175 customer reviews of the Bowflex MAX Trainer M5. Overall, this cardio machine scored 4.6 out of 5.
The M5 is the middle-of-the-road option and scored higher than the M3 and M7 (4.4 and 4.5, respectively). If you want to find out more about what each model offers, simply check out our Bowflex MAX Trainer Buying Guide.
You may also wish to compare prices and read reviews for the latest upgrade to this model – the brand new MAX Trainer M6.
- Low impact, and great for users with joint problems such as arthritis
- While some reviewers report it as being “flimsy”, the vast majority disagree, pointing out the heavy-duty commercial strength steel frame as an example
- Very easy to assemble – should take around an hour – give or take. Don’t invest in the installation, as everyone who did say that it was not necessary
- Smooth and quiet operation
- The use of arms in the exercises make it feel more like a total body workout
- An internal bolt fell out after just three uses. On inspection, all three bolts for the belt wheel were loose.
- Belt wheel is made from plastic – not great, considering the price and advertised quality of the product
- The display screen is a little bit low according to some users
- The bottle holder is hard to reach – could have been better positioned
- Sometimes lots of hand adjustment is needed to get a proper reading from the heart rate monitor
Alternative Bowflex Elliptical Cross Trainers
You can check out reviews and ratings of Bowflex elliptical cross trainers at Fitness Savvy. Compare features and prices and find the right Bowflex elliptical for your needs.
Bowflex MAX Trainer M5 Features & Benefits
- 16 resistance levels: easily adjusted with one-touch buttons located on both the console and handlebars.
- 9 workout programmes: Max 14 Minute Interval, Power Interval, Fitness Test, Manual, Stairs, Calorie Burn, Steady Pace, Calorie Goal, Fat Burn.
- Pedals: upgraded – these are better than the standard ones on the M3, but not as large as the Sport performance stainless steel pedals you’ll find on the M7.
- Premium grips: ergonomic grips – these are better than the standard grips of the M3 but not as good as the advanced commercial-grade + Aero Bar handlebars of the M7.
- User profiles: 2 vs 4 on the M7
- Burn rate dialÂ – displays your personalised burn rate target against your actual burn rate – a great motivational tool!
- Interactive blue backlit display. View your important workout stats such asÂ calories burned, speed, time, distance and heart rate.
- Bluetooth technology – sync your machine to the free Max Trainer App for more technical workout tracking.
- Media shelf/tablet holder
- Water bottle holder: no cardio machine would be complete without a trusty water bottle holder!
- Compact: small footprint makes this machine perfect for home gyms and those with smaller space availability.
- Dimensions â 117.1 x 63.5 x 159.8 cm (L x W x H)
- Warranty: home use; 2 years parts and labour.
Alternative Cross Trainers Under £1500
You’ll find a huge selection of cross trainers under £1500 at Fitness Savvy. Check out the alternatives below to find the best ellipticals for your needs.
Specification: Bowflex MAX Trainer M5
Bluetooth, Calories, Distance, Heart Rate, Speed, Time
Tablet/Phone holder, Display, Resistance, Water Bottle Holder
|Max User Weight||
Click to check out the Bowflex Max Trainer M5 Owner’s Manual.