Showing all 13 results
Cable machines are a great addition to any home or commercial gym set-up. While chest exercises with dumbbells are great for developing the chest, they do not allow the full range of motion at the right resistance.
This is why it is better than free weights such as kettlebells for certain workouts.
What is a Cable Machine?
If you’re on this page, chances are, you’re looking to buy a commercial or home weight machine. Unlike other weight lifting equipment such as free weights or plate loaded machines (which require manual loading of plates and discs), these machines tend to include a weight stack – or multiple weight stacks.
For the most part, these machines are selectorised – this means you can quickly and easily adjust weight settings with a pin.
Types of Cable Machine
- Cable Crossover Machines – these feature two weight stacks and two pulleys. They tend to be large pieces of equipment, taking up a lot of space. For this reason, you tend to find these in commercial gym set-ups. Cable crossover chest exercises are popular for bodybuilders looking to add definition.
- Functional Trainers – while these machines also include dual pulleys and dual weight stacks, they are more compact and often have other features such as pull-up bars, and multiple pulley points for a wider variety of cable exercises. This is the kind of machine gym managers buy first for a low-level commercial set up.
- Single cable – features a single weight stack and a single cable. They tend to have a high and low pulley position so you can perform back exercises such as lat pulldowns and low rows.
Cable Machine Exercises
Here is a shortlist of exercises you can perform.
- low cable crossover
- standing cable crossover
- low-pulley cable crossover
- cable crossover low to high
- high cable crossover
- low cable pull
- seated cable row
- cable curls
Used Cable Crossover Machine
If you’re looking for a second-hand cable crossover machine for sale, then don’t worry – you’re still in the right place!
Our products include second-hand listings from eBay so you can truly find the best cable machine prices around.
In addition to weightlifting and resistance training equipment, you can also read reviews and compare prices on cardio machines such as treadmills, rowers, and steppers.