Cheap Weight Lifting Equipment
Showing 1–36 of 357 results
(10kg x 1 (Single)) Hex dumbbells rubber gym weights encased hexagonal 7.5kg/10kg/15kg Single & Sets
(15kg x 1 (Single)) Hex dumbbells rubber gym weights encased hexagonal 7.5kg/10kg/15kg Single & Sets
(7.5kg x 1 (Single)) Hex dumbbells rubber gym weights encased hexagonal 7.5kg/10kg/15kg Single & Sets
(For 206cm GM3 Pulley System) GYM MASTER Set of 2 Spare Replacement Cables for the GM3 Power Rack Cable System
(For 226cm GM3 Pulley System) GYM MASTER Set of 2 Spare Replacement Cables for the GM3 Power Rack Cable System
(For 226cm high GM3 Power Rack, Full System Inc Stabiliser Bar) GYM MASTER Dual Cable System Attachment for GM3 Power Rack
(Pair of 15KG (30KG Total)) GYM MASTER Hex Dumbbells Rubber Encased 1-40kg Cast Iron Weight Lift Set Pair
About Weightlifting Equipment
Weightlifting equipment comes in many forms. With many proven benefits of resistance exercise, we’ve highlighted some great reasons why you should lift weights.
Why You Should Lift Weights
If you’ve not considered lifting weights, you should probably check out some interesting studies which show the dramatic benefits it provides for your metabolism, bone health, and general well-being.
Even working out at home a few times per week can help you build lean muscle and start seeing results.
Unlike bodyweight exercises which only utilise your own weight, weight lifting easily allows you to increase the intensity so that you can progressively overload.
Types of Weight Lifting Equipment
If you’re new to the whole resistance exercise thing, you might be surprised to discover that many forms of weight training equipment exist.
Whether you’re looking to build your own home gym or create your own commercial set-up, there are types of equipment you will require to maximise your exercise and workout results.
Here’s a quick breakdown of what bodybuilding equipment you can expect to find in the Fitness Savvy range:
- Free weights – this tends to refer to dumbbells, barbells, and kettlebells.
- Dumbbells – can take up less space, especially adjustable dumbbells.
- Barbells – important if you want to lift heavy weights for exercises such as the deadlift, bench press, and squat. We recommend 7-foot Olympic bars.
- Weight Plates – once you have a barbell, you will need some plates to go on it.
- Kettlebells – perform a range of unique exercises using either single or multiple kettlebells
- Exercise Machines – dumbbells and free weights are great to improve muscle stability. However, weight machines (Smith Machines in particular) can help totally isolate muscle groups. When we refer to weight machines, we are also including Multi-gyms in this category.
- Squat Racks & Power Cages – ensure your safety and the safety of others using your commercial or home gym by including these essential pieces of gym equipment. It is far safer to lift heavy weights with the support of a power rack and spotter bars to prevent serious injury. Working out with a combination of a power rack and an experienced spotter is the safest option, however, the very least you should have is a decent cage or rack to work with.
- Weight Benches – when looking to perform exercises such as the bench press, seated shoulder press, or even leg curls, you should invest in a good-quality bench.
- Strength training equipment accessories – think weight lifting gloves, chalk, that kind of stuff!
Weight Lifting Benefits
You don’t have to be a professional weight lifter or powerlifter to reap the benefits of weight training and resistance exercise. It’s also not going to turn you into a beefcake muscle-man. Nearly every top-level athlete engages in weightlifting to improve their athletic performance.
It doesn’t matter whether you’re lifting light weights for 20 reps, or heavy weights for fewer reps, all kinds of resistance-based workout routines can build muscle mass. The important thing is knowing which weight equipment you should buy.
Where to Buy Weight Lifting Equipment
When it comes to buying weight lifting equipment, there are many places to consider. At Fitness Savvy, we list products from top brands such as York Fitness, from many top retailers including:
- Fitness Superstore
- Best Gym Equipment
- Sports Direct
Your Ultimate Strength Shop
Use Fitness Savvy to identify the right product for you, then compare prices to see where is best to get it from. You can also use discount codes on our site to save even more money on your purchases!