Fitness Savvy has compiled a list of the best treadmills for home use in 2023 and sorted them by category.
If you’re based in the USA, you should check out our Best Treadmill for Home USA guide instead.
Table of Contents
Overall Treadmill Rankings
- Branx Fitness Foldable Elite Runner Pro (Best Overall Treadmill)
- NordicTrack X32i (Best Incline Treadmill)
- JTX Club-Pro Professional Treadmill (Best Treadmill Under £3000)
- ProForm Pro 9000 Treadmill (Best Treadmill Under £2000)
- Sole F65 (Best Folding Treadmill)
- NordicTrack 2450 (Best NordicTrack Treadmill)
- JLL S300 (Best Treadmill Under £750)
- Roger Black Folding Treadmill (Best Walking Treadmill)
- HOMCOM Electric Motorized Treadmill (Best Budget Treadmill Under £250)
Branx Fitness Foldable Elite Runner Pro
Best Overall Treadmill – 9.9/10
At the start of each treadmill, we show the Savvy Score we’ve awarded. This score was calculated by combining customer reviews and our expert analysis.
Using this method, the Branx Fitness Foldable Elite Runner Pro is currently the highest-scoring treadmill on the Fitness Savvy website at 9.9 out of 10.
This particular treadmill is the best all-round model. For the price, you get all the features you’d expect from a home treadmill without breaking the bank.
The robust 3.5 CHP motor can power users of up to 160 kg (350 lbs) at a top speed of 21 km/h (13 mph).
The Branx Elite Runner Pro is ideal for those with a budget of up to £1,000 who require a suitable treadmill for high-speed running.
The only thing letting this model down is the warranty. While other brands offer a lifetime frame and 10 years plus on the motor, Branx offers 5 years for both the frame and motor.
- The Branx Elite Runner Pro has a high top speed of 21 km/h.
- Many customers were pleased with how easy it is to set up and use.
- Even during extensive testing, the machine kept going without fault – as reported by many happy customers.
- After some damning customer reviews, Branx fitness has upped its game. It now boasts one of the best customer service teams, so you’ll get a swift resolution if something goes wrong.
- Most customers feel that this treadmill is excellent value for money.
- The console feels dated – especially compared to brands such as NordicTrack and ProForm, which offer interactive HD workouts (note that these require an additional paid subscription).
- The warranty isn’t as good as others for the price.
Key Features of the Branx Elite Runner Pro Treadmill
- Running surface: 140 x 48 cm
- Motor: 3.5 CHP (6.5 HP peak)
- Display: 6″ LCD
- Incline: 22 levels
- Foldable: save space with the foldable design
- Top speed: 21 km/h
- Workout programs: 24
- Safety features: soft drop folding system, safety stop key
- Other features: Bluetooth, built-in speakers, drink holders
- Max. user weight: 160 kg
- Product weight: 93 kg
- Dimensions: 190 x 80 x 132 cm (L x W x H)
- Warranty: 5 years frame and motor; 2 years parts and labour.
Compare Prices for the Branx Fitness Elite Runner Pro
Best Incline Treadmill – 9.7/10
If you want a challenging treadmill workout, you’ll need a running machine with an incline setting.
Most treadmills now come with incline capability; a typical range is 0 – 15%. However, we’ve rated the best incline treadmill based on the incline level – and at a whopping 40%, there’s a clear winner.
The NordicTrack X32i also has a -6% decline setting and a generous 32-inch HD touchscreen. In addition, it has a large running surface and a powerful 4.25 CHP motor.
Technically, the X32i ranks also as the best NordicTrack treadmill, having scored 9.7 out of 10; however, for our best NordicTrack treadmill selection, we chose the 2450. It scored slightly lower at 9.3 out of 10 but is cheaper than the X32i.
As with all NordicTrack and ProForm Fitness branded products, the X32i is iFit compatible. This means you can train interactively across a range of global locations. And we must say – these locations look amazing on the 32″ touchscreen monitor.
Another perk of iFit is that your trainer can automatically adjust the incline and speed of the treadmill, creating a more immersive experience.
For the more competitive people, you can even challenge a friend, family member or one of the iFit community to appear on the global leaderboard.
At the time of writing, the iFit subscription is £144 per year for an individual account and £396 for a family membership. The family option allows up to five individual profiles.
- Huge incline and decline ranging from -6% to 40%.
- NordicTrack is fast establishing itself as a leading treadmill manufacturer.
- Large 32″ touchscreen.
- Impressive range of interactive workouts.
- Powerful 4.25 CHP motor.
- Comes with great features such as powerful speakers, sled bar, and fans.
- The price might put it out of some people’s budget.
Key features of the NordicTrack X32i
- Motor size: 4.25 CHP
- Top Speed: 14 mph (22 km/h)
- Rollers: 2.5″
- Decline/Incline: -6% to 40%
- Display: 32″ Full-Colour HD Touch Screen Display
- Running Area: 22″ x 66″ (55 x 165 cm)
- iFit Compatible: comes with 1 year iFit family subscription
- Fans: dual auto-breeze fans
- Speakers: dual 3-inch
- Reflex cushioning: absorbs impact to protect your joints and back
- EKG grip pulse: providing accurate readings on the go
- Other features: sled bar and push grips
- Max. user weight: 135 kg
- Product weight (boxed): 209 kg
- Dimensions: 196 x 102 x 185 cm
- Warranty: Lifetime Frame Warranty, 10-year Motor Warranty, 2-Year Parts & Labour upon warranty registration within 28 days of purchase.
Compare Prices for the NordicTrack X32i
NordicTrack Discount Code
JTX Club-Pro: Professional Treadmill
Best Treadmill Under £3000 – 9.7/10
We present the JTX Club-Pro Professional Treadmill for those with a higher budget.
With a fantastic 3-year home warranty, excellent customer service and high-quality products, JTX is a brand to take note of.
We would expect a machine with these features to sell for £3,000+. However, at the time of writing, this treadmill is just £2,200.
- JTX’s customer service is described as “exceptional” by hundreds of customers.
- The Club-Pro is easy to assemble, according to many buyers.
- The 4 HP AC motor is a beast, and we’re confident it won’t wear out any time soon.
- With a top speed of 22 km/h, 160 kg max user weight, the largest running deck we’ve seen, and a 15% incline, the Club-Pro features exceed anything we expect to see in the £2000 – £3000 price category.
- One customer reported an issue with one of their JTX products, and an engineer was sent out immediately to remedy it.
- The treadmill comes with an industry-leading 3-year in-home warranty and even a 1-year commercial warranty – further supporting our thoughts about the motor’s useful life.
- Some customers have returned to review the treadmill after several months to confirm the equipment is working and exceeding expectations.
- Many happy reviewers state that they’ll return to JTX to buy more products in future.
- The treadmill is smooth and quiet in operation and “the best treadmill we’ve ever owned”, according to one reviewer.
- The £2,000+ price tag will put this out of some people’s reach.
- The Club-Pro treadmill does not fold away.
- It’s a big treadmill with a large footprint, so make sure you have enough space to house it.
Key Features of the ProForm Pro 9000 Treadmill
- Motor: 4 HP
- Incline: 15%
- Max speed: 22 km/h
- Running Deck: 57 x 155 cm
- Pre-set workout programmes: 43
- Max user weight: 160 kg
- Warranty: 3-year in-home warranty; 1 year commercial warranty
Compare Prices for the JTX Club-Pro: Professional Treadmill
ProForm Pro 9000
Best Treadmill Under £2,000 – 9.6/10
The best treadmill for under £2000 is the ProForm Pro 9000.
When you compare the main features, such as top speed, incline range, motor power, running deck area and maximum user weight, it outperforms the competition. It also received fantastic customer reviews, giving it the awesome Savvy Score of 9.6 out of 10.
If you’re in the market for a treadmill that costs around £2,000 or less, this machine is the one for you.
- A large proportion of customers said that the machine feels like a commercial-grade cardio machine.
- As with most ProForm and NordicTrack products, customers were extremely pleased with the iFit capabilities.
- The Proform Pro 9000 has an excellent range of features overall and, as such, has been rated as one of the best treadmills on our website.
- The huge 22″ HD Touchscreen was a winner for most buyers – it saves attaching your tablet.
- The folding mechanism is smooth and safe, making this perfect for those who need to save on space.
- It is easy to assemble, so most people should be fine doing it on their own.
- It might be outside some people’s budget.
- US customers report that the console must be switched off at the mains – we’re unsure if this is the same in the UK. Either way, it is a minor niggle reported by a small number of people.
Key Features of the ProForm Pro 9000 Treadmill
- Top Speed: 22 km/h / 14 mph
- 3.6 CHP motor
- 20″ x 60″ (51 x 152 cm) running deck
- 22″ Smart HD Touchscreen
- CoolAire workout fans
- 1.9″ precision balanced rollers
- Incline: -3% – 12%
- iPod connectivity and powerful 3-inch speakers
- SpaceSaver design: this treadmill folds away easily to save on space
- Max. user weight: 135 kg (300 lbs)
- Product weight: 119 kg (262 lbs)
- Warranty: 2 Year parts and labour, 5-year motor (parts only), Lifetime frame guarantee
Compare Prices for the ProForm Pro 9000 Treadmill
ProForm Discount Code
Best Folding Treadmill – 9.6/10
Sole Fitness is a huge brand across the pond in the US. Renowned for incredible construction, Sole Fitness is so confident in the quality that its US customers enjoy lifetime warranties on the motor and frame.
In the UK, while the warranty is limited to 10 years on the motor and 5 years on parts, the frame is still guaranteed for life. Overall, the warranty is still better than most other brands and contributes to our high Savvy Score of 9.6 out of 10.
The built-in console feels dated, but newer models connect with tablets and various apps for interactive workouts. This appears to be Sole Fitness’s way of competing with NordicTrack and ProForm’s iFit. Still, the iFit app and subscription are the gold standard of interactive workouts and are worth the subscription price.
There’s not much to dislike about this running machine – it’s quiet, packed with features, and includes a large running deck and powerful motor.
- A high-quality, gym standard machine
- Great speed and incline range
- Quiet while in use
- Easy to operate
- A useful range of programmes
- Folds away to save space
- The only negative we found was one user who said that it takes up a lot of space so ensure you measure up properly!
Key Features of the Sole F65
- Cushion Flex Whisper Running Deck (18 mm deep)
- 56 x 152.5 cm running surface
- 2-ply running belt
- Front and rear rollers for easy transportation
- 3.25 CHP motor
- Top speed: 20 km/h (13 mph)
- Quick touch keys: Speed and incline
- 7.5″ backlit LCD: heart rate, speed, pace, calories, message board
- Programmes: Manual, Hill, Fat Burn, Cardio, Strength, Interval, User (1-2), HR (1-2)
- Bluetooth: compatible with Sole Fitness App, Health Kit, Fitbit, Record, MapMyFitness, MyFitnessMap, Facebook, Twitter
- Integrated sound system: MP3 player compatibility, sound cord for other devices
- Stability bar
- Accessory tray
- Plastic side rails
- Cooling fan
- Easy Assist Folding with a Safety Lock Deck
- Max. user weight: 150 kg
- Product weight: 117.5 kg
- Dimensions: 208 x 93 x 168 cm (L x W x H)
- Warranty: Lifetime Frame, 10 years motor, 5 years parts and 3 years labour
Compare Prices for the Sole F65 Treadmill
NordicTrack Commercial 2450
Best NordicTrack Treadmill – 9.3/10
NordicTrack is setting the bar pretty high with fantastic machines at affordable prices. This means that you can easily get a decent treadmill for your home, which feels like gym quality.
NordicTrack has just updated lots of key aspects for the 2023 version of this treadmill. Such updates include:
- The 2450 now comes with an upgraded 22” Smart HD Touchscreen (previously 14″ for the 2022 iteration)
- The Automatic Trainer Control has been enhanced
- Graphics Performance has been improved and also has added Processor Cooling
- Further improvements have been made to the speakers
- The 2023 version now has a lower step-up height
- Wifi connectivity is now faster thanks to the Dual 2.4 GHz & 5 GHz Wi-Fi Connectivity
- The machine is now quieter when moving between incline settings due to the new Quiet Drive Incline Tech
- The machine is compatible with the newest Android 9 operating system
- You can now connect earphones using the Bluetooth Headphone Connectivity
This beast of a treadmill was already fantastic, but with these upgrades, it is now the best NordicTrack treadmill in the UK.
- The 2450 has a large running area, so it is ideal for taller and bigger individuals
- The newer version of this treadmill comes with some great upgrades such as improved HD graphics, BlueTooth headphone connectivity, and faster WiFi connection
- It is easy to assemble thanks to the app and online videos
- The vast majority of customers were very happy with their purchase and believe that this treadmill is worth the price tag
- It’s well built, and some reviewers said they believe this to be better than the ones they use at their gym
- A few reviewers said that they received the product with missing parts
Here are some of the key stats so you can see why this machine is so highly rated:
Key Features of the NordicTrack Commercial 2450
- Display: 22″ Smart HD Screen
- Motor: 3.6 CHP
- Top speed: 12 mph/ 19 km/h
- Incline: 15%
- Decline: -3%
- Running area: 22″ x 60″ (55 x 152 cm)
- Flex Cushioning
- Rollers: 2.5″ precision-machined and balanced non-flex rollers
- iFit integrated (most retailers are offering free trial subscriptions of up to 12 months)
- Dual 3-inch, digitally amplified speakers
- Fans: dual auto breeze
- Accessories: tablet/iPad holder
- Max. user weight: 300 lbs/ 135 kg
- Product weight: 154 kg
- Dimensions: 205 x 99 x 150 cm (L x W x H)
- Warranty: Lifetime frame; 10-year motor; 2-year parts and labour (must register within 28 days of purchase)
Compare Prices for the NordicTrack Commercial 2450
NordicTrack Discount Code
JLL S300 Treadmill
Best Treadmill Under £750 – 9/10
If you can stretch your budget beyond the current £449 for the Roger Black Easy Fold Treadmill, you can grab the JLL S300 Treadmill.
The JLL S300 has been a popular choice on Amazon for several years, and the latest version has just received an upgrade. On the newer models, you will find a new 5″ digital control panel to track your stats and progress.
For the extra £100, you’ll start getting a lot more for your money. For example, you will get a more powerful motor (4.5 HP), 20 incline settings, a higher top speed at 16 km/h (10 mph), and a cushioning system on the running deck.
The reasons above are why we have awarded the JLL S300 the title for the best treadmill under £500.
- This is a compact treadmill, so great for those with limited space.
- Very easy to assemble, as reported by many people, including older users (70 years +).
- Wide range of features for the price bracket.
- Sturdy and stable.
- Several customers report waiting months for JLL to fix faulty products in warranty.
- Quite a lot of customers report different problems and suggest this machine is not suitable for people over 12 stone (77 kg, 170 lbs)
- The treadmill slips when you increase the speed, according to some users.
- The speakers are not very good quality.
Key features of the JLL S300 Treadmill
- Top speed: 16 km/h
- Running area: 122 x 41 cm
- Incline: 20 levels
- Display: 5″ LCD monitor feeds back time, distance, speed, calories, and heart rate.
- Workout programmes: 15 (including 3 customisable programmes)
- Connectivity: MP3, iPod, iPhone, and USB interface
- Running deck: 16-point cushion absorption system
- Foldable design
- Max. user weight: 120 kg
- Warranty: home use warranty covers 2 years parts and labour, lifetime frame, and 5 years motor
Compare Prices for the JLL S300 Treadmill
Roger Black Easy Fold Treadmill
Best Treadmill For Walking – 8.6/10
Steady-state cardio is a great form of exercise. Many of us aren’t interested in running or exerting ourselves too much, so we might choose a treadmill for walking.
The great thing about these treadmills is that you don’t need a high top speed, and the machine does not need a powerful motor.
Considering these elements, we’ve selected the Roger Black Easy Fold Treadmill as the best treadmill for walking.
While you could use our budget option – the HomCom Electric Motorized Treadmill, which is only £219 at the time of writing, some of the customer reviews said that the running surface was too small – even for walking if you’re a taller user.
The Roger Black Folding Treadmill is great because it is small and easy to fold, yet the running surface is large enough to power walk and even for running for most users. If you’re over 6 feet tall, you probably won’t want this treadmill for running on, but it will easily do the job for walking.
It also has a manual incline setting to set it at an angle for a more intense walking experience.
If you only want to use a treadmill for walking, then a foldable option is best, as you can move it out of the way when not in use.
- Most reviewers were happy with how easy it was to fold away and store.
- Easy to set up – no assembly required.
- Great value product. While it is cheaper than most other treadmills, the quality is understandably lower, but it does what it should, and for the price, most people were pleased with their purchase.
- Well built and sturdy.
- The motor is not very powerful, with a peak of 2 HP and continuous HP only coming in at 1. This should not be an issue if only used for walking.
- One user was unhappy that there was no water bottle holder and nowhere to store a phone or other items.
- After a couple of weeks of regular use, one customer reports that it is getting noisy – both the frame and the running surface. They do, however, state that you get what you pay for, so for the price, it does what you would expect it to do.
Key Features of the Roger Black Easy Fold Treadmill
- Top speed: 12 km/h (8 mph)
- 10 pre-set user programmes (14 in total)
- 2HP peak motor size (1HP continuous)
- MP3 connectivity
- Built-in speakers
- Folds away for storage
- Display console feeds back time, distance, speed, calories and pulse
- Running surface: 120 x 41 cm
- 2 x levels of manual incline
- Auto-stop safety feature
- Transport wheels/rollers
- Max user weight: 110 kg
- Product Weight: 49 kg
- Dimensions: 162.5 x 71.5 x 135 cm (L x W x H)
- Folded dimensions: 71.5 x 156.5 x 25.5 (L x W x H)
- Warranty: 12 months parts and labour
Compare Prices for the Roger Black Easy Fold Treadmill
You can get 5% off at Roger Black with our exclusive discount code – see below.
Best Treadmill Brands
A few names come up time and time again when considering the best treadmill brands. There is a good reason for this – they are all experienced in manufacturing high-quality treadmills.
Here are some of the top names you might hear:
These are all great brands, and no one brand takes the crown. That said, NordicTrack is starting to set a high standard in treadmills.
Here are some discount codes that you might be able to use in conjunction with some of these treadmills – they are all valid, so make use of them!
HomCom Motorized Treadmill
Best Treadmill Under £250 – 8.5/10
Let’s be honest – if you’re spending less than £250 on a treadmill, then you’re not going to get a lot for your money.
We strongly advise spending at least £400 on a treadmill – and if you can stretch to £449, you should get the Roger Black Easy Fold Treadmill.
That said, if you want something – anything – no matter how cheaply made it is – so long as you can walk on it – then the HomCom Motorized Treadmill is for you.
It is only £218 at the time of writing. It has a small running area, a tiny motor of just 0.5 HP, and a low top speed of 6 km/h. Still, this is the best budget treadmill you will find for under £250, so if this is what you want – knock yourself out!
Compare Prices for the HomCom Motorized Treadmill
Best Treadmill Under £1000
JTX Sprint 7
While the best treadmill for under £1,000 is officially the Branx Fitness Foldable Elite Runner Pro, the 2022 winner for the best treadmill was the JTX Sprint 7.
It still retails for less than £1,000 and only just missed out on the top spot for 2023, so we’ve included it as the best for under £1,000. You can read the full JTX Sprint 7 review here. Below we’ve included a price comparison table.
What To Look For When Buying a Treadmill
Most treadmills come with similar features – or at least similar attributes which you can compare.
Here are some of the things you should consider when buying a treadmill:
- Running surface – if you’re tall, you should look for a treadmill with a larger running area. The smallest in our guide is only about 80 cm long – that’s half the length of the longest in the guide. If you’re taller than 6 feet, you should look for a length of at least 145 cm so that you don’t run out of space when taking long strides.
- Top speed – the lowest top speed in our guide is 6 km/h (for the HomCom budget treadmill), and the highest is 22. If you’re planning on running at high speeds, select a treadmill with that in mind. If you’re more interested in walking, select a budget option with a smaller running deck, such as the Roger Black Easy Fold Treadmill.
- Motor size – more powerful motors can accommodate larger users at higher speeds and steeper inclines. These motors are also likely to last longer because they can take a lot more stick! Be careful, as some websites report the motor power in HP and others in CHP. HP stands for horsepower, and CHP stands for continuous horsepower. An HP of 2.0 might mean that it is the maximum power output. This dictates that it runs at lower levels when walking or jogging. A high CHP is better because the motor constantly runs at a higher rate.
- Incline Percentage – you’ll want an incline setting for a more challenging workout. The steeper the incline, the more challenging the workout will be. As you might expect, our best incline treadmill has the largest incline and an additional decline option – the decline is great for varying workouts and intensity. Our best incline treadmill is the NordicTrack X32i, with an insane 40% incline level!