Fitness Savvy has compiled a list of the best folding exercise bikes for home use in 2022.
While most other “best fold away exercise bike” guides include around 10 options, we’ve literally sifted through to bring you only the very best 6.
Also, as a price comparison website, you’ll find the best prices and we’ve also included folding exercise bike discount codes so you’ll be sure to find the best treadmill deals.
We compare prices from many retailers including Argos, Amazon, eBay, Best Gym Equipment, JTX, NordicTrack, Ultrasport and many more.
Table of Contents
Best Foldable Exercise Bike Rankings
Below is a quick summary of the folding exercise bike rankings. Click the link below to read more about that particular model.
- Ultrasport F-Bike
- Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Bike
- Exerpeutic (EXER6) Unisex Adult Exerpeutic 400XL
- XerFit Folding Magnetic Exercise Bike
- Roger Black Gold Folding Exercise Bike
- Opti Exercise Bike with Console Feedback
What To Look For When Buying a Folding Exercise Bike
Foldable exercise bikes are the cheapest option when buying a cardio machine for your home. They can be half the price of spinning bikes and their foldable design means they take up very little space.
When buying folding exercise bikes you should look out for these 4 key features:
- Is it foldable, and if so, what are the dimensions? This sound silly, but some bikes might appear to be foldable or might even be advertised in such a way that they appear to fold away. Just make doubly sure that it really is a folding bike you’re buying. They should show you the dimensions and the folded dimensions so you can be sure it will fit the space you have. It’s also worth looking at the mechanism that makes the exercise bike foldable – it should be easy to operate, and safe, too.
- What is the maximum user weight? Due to their lightweight design, folding bikes have a lower maximum user capacity. We found the range to be about 100 – 136 kg (220 – 300 lbs) so make sure the model you choose can support your weight. The Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Bike and the Exerpeutic (EXER6) Unisex Adult Exerpeutic 400XL both have the highest maximum user weight of 136 kg, so you should opt for one of these models if you’re over 110 kg.
- How many resistance levels does it have? We found nearly all the bikes to have between 8 and 10 levels of resistance, so you should choose one which has at least 8 levels to be sure you’re getting value for money
- How heavy is the flywheel? A heavier flywheel makes for a smoother ride. If you cannot see the flywheel weight but it says that it is precision balanced, then at this price break, this is still a good choice. The Roger Black Gold Folding Exercise Bike has the heaviest flywheel at 3 kg which is impressive for a folding bike.
The Best Folding Exercise Bikes 2022
Here is our roundup of the very best foldable bikes for 2022. As previously mentioned, we’ve limited our list to only the top 6.
The Ultrasport F-bike has been a popular folding bike for a number of years. It is a German brand, and you can expect German engineering quality.
It makes the number 1 position on our list, having achieved a Savvy Score of 9.6 out of 10 – making it the best overall folding exercise bike we have reviewed to date.
It’s also the best budget folding bike in the UK – with some versions costing as little as £80 new.
This folding exercise bike has an enormous range of options – so if you want to compare prices on all variations then head on over to our main Ultrasport comparison page.
All foldable exercise bikes we came across had similar features such as 8 magnetic resistance levels, foldable design, 100 kg max user weight etc. The Ultrasport stood out because of its range of options – you can buy versions with a higher max weight of 130 kg, there are multiple colour choices, some (such as the F-rider) come with a mobile phone holder – so you can find an F-Bike to meet your needs.
- Lightweight and easy to move
- A range of colour options
- 8 resistance levels
- Mobile phone holder (on the F-rider)
- Collapsible and compact for easy storage
- Gel saddle
- Battery-powered LCD, so no pesky cords getting in the way!
- Customisable workouts
- Super-easy to put together
- Cheap and cheerful – perfect for beginners and those on a budget
- Maximum user weight options from 100 kg to 130 kg
- The 8 resistance levels might not offer enough of a challenge for advanced users
- Might not be suitable for shorter users due to restrictions in adjusting the seat
- Users over 6 feet tall might suffer the opposite issue, with the bike being too small
- Screws on the bottom have led to holes in people’s floor – recommend getting a protection mat.
Compare Prices for the Ultrasport F-bike
Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Bike
The Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Bike makes it in at number 2 in our list with a Savvy Score of 9.5 out of 10.
It is more expensive than other options on our list, however, it has the highest maximum user weight of 136 kg (300 lbs) and features a 3-piece crank for a smoother and more consistent ride.
This fold up exercise bike has over 18,000 reviews on Amazon, which is a testament to how popular this bike is.
While the vast majority of reviews were favourable, some customers did report issues such as a clanking sound while pedalling and the batteries on the LCD monitor running out quickly.
That said, this heavy-duty folding bike has a great range of features and has kept most users happy.
- Easy and quick to assemble, according to the vast majority of customers who bought this folding bike
- Well-packaged with easy to follow instructions
- It has a high maximum user weight of 136 kg – higher than any other folding bike we have reviewed
- Feels solid and sturdy, even when used by people close to the maximum user weight, as several reviewers report
- Thousands of buyers state that the seat is comfortable
- Several reviewers reported clacking sounds after a few weeks of using
- One user said that the console burns through batteries rather quickly
- The calories burned on the monitor do not change to reflect the intensity, so 5 km at low or high speed show the same calories burned
Compare Prices for the Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Bike
Exerpeutic (EXER6) Unisex Adult Exerpeutic 400XL
The Exerpeutic 400XL Folding Recumbent Bike comes in at number 3 in our round-up of the best foldable exercise bikes for 2022, achieving a Savvy Score of 9.4.
5,000 customer reviews provide more than enough data to see what’s good and what’s not with this exercise bike. While most of the buyers were pleased with this exercise bike, some were not happy.
On the plus side, the bike is quiet, easy to put together, compact, well-built and a good price, whereas on the negative side, some customers reported noises, or thought it was not so easy to put together – but they are in the minority.
There are only 2 real negatives we can find, so with that said, don’t buy this bike if:
- More than one person will use it and one of those is under 5′ 6″, otherwise you’ll need to physically screw and unscrew the seat to adjust it.
- You want a fully recumbent bike. This machine is not fully recumbent
- Many customers said that the seat is very comfortable
- The machine is sturdy and well-built
- Most customers report that the bike is easy to assemble, with clear instructions, and should be up and running within an hour
- This folding exercise bike is whisper quiet when in operation
- Its compact design makes it perfect for those with limited space availability
- With less than 300 miles on the bike, one user updated their review to say they were having problems with the flywheel
- For users under 5″ 6, you will need to manually adjust the seat
- Customer service is not great, according to several disgruntled customers
Compare Prices for the Exerpeutic (EXER6) Unisex Adult Exerpeutic 400XL
Here are some discount codes that you might be able to use in conjunction with some of these exercise bike – they are all valid so make use of them!
XerFit Folding Magnetic Exercise Bike
The XerFit Folding Magnetic Exercise Bike makes our list at number 4, with a Savvy Score of 9.3 out of 10.
This is one of the lightest fold away exercise bikes, with a flywheel weight of 1.2 kg (most others do not report their flywheel weight, so we give a thumbs up for this)
Overall, the features are similar to all the other bikes in our roundup – 8 resistance levels, 100 kg max user weight, foldable design. However, there are not as many options as the Ultrasport F-bike, and if you weigh over 100 kg then this bike is not for you.
- Great value folding bike
- It’s very easy to put together
- Is lighter than comparable folding bikes, with a heavier flywheel
- Solidly built
- Compact design
- Saddle height does not have a wide range of adjustment, according to one user
- One reviewer said that the resistance is not very good
Compare Prices for the XerFit Folding Magnetic Exercise Bike
Roger Black Gold Folding Exercise Bike
Roger Black is a very popular brand in the UK. They are renowned for cheap home gym equipment with a degree of quality.
The Roger Black Gold Folding Exercise Bike makes our list at number 5 with a Savvy Score of 9.2. Primarily, it is the higher price tag that limits the score of this foldable bike. It is currently £159 which is considerably more than other options in this list.
That said, it has the heaviest flywheel at 3 kg which is more than twice as heavy as others in this list. A heavier flywheel makes for a smoother and more comfortable ride. And at just 17.6 kg in total weight, you realise that a huge chunk of this exercise bike’s weight is from the flywheel alone.
If this bike were priced lower, at say £110, it would have made the number 1 position in our list. However, if you do have a higher budget and you want a solid ride, then this bike is the right one for you.
- Very simple to use
- Easy to set up
- Folds away to save space
- Quiet operation
- Several users reported broken casing on delivery
- The seat does not go high enough for users over 5′ 10″
- There is not enough resistance. One user reported levels 1 – 7 being very easy, and 8 being like riding up a mountain.
Opti Exercise Bike with Console Feedback
Finally, we have the Opti Exercise Bike. This one still scored an impressive 9.1 ou of 10 and is the lightest in our round-up, making exercise bike folding easier.
It can be purchased through Argos, so you can be sure of solid customer service.
It is not as cheap as others in our list, it does not have the heaviest flywheel – in fact, it doesn’t beat the other options in any area, and that is why it has come bottom of our list.
That said, customer reviews for this bike are favourable, with thousands of happy customers.
If you want the lightest foldaway exercise bike, from a company with great customer service, and you weigh less than 100 kg then this bike is certainly worth the money.
- Smooth & quiet operation
- Great value for money
- Easy to use
- Folds away
- Some users found the seat too low
- Assembly can be fiddly, especially the pedals. Many suggest 2 people make it less awkward to put together
Compare Prices for the Opti Exercise Bike with Console Feedback
Fitness Savvy YouTube Channel
Below is the most popular video on the channel where Robin talks about Body Recomposition.