In this simple Berghaus walking boots review, we’ve highlighted the best Berghaus Walking Boots to help you choose the right ones for you.
At Fitness Savvy, we bring you price comparison and discount codes so you can find the best price for Berghaus Walking Boots.
We’ve included a price comparison table for each shoe, however, you can head on over to the relevant page to check prices for your particular size.
Table of Contents
The Best Berghaus Walking Shoes
Here is the list of the best Berghaus women’s walking boots & Berghaus men’s walking shoes.
- Berghaus Hillmaster 2 GTX
- Berghaus Hillwalker II GTX Boots
- Berghaus Explorer Trek GTX Boots
- Berghaus Supalite II GTX Boots
- Berghaus Expeditor Ridge 2.0 Boots
Berghaus Hillmaster 2 GTX
Top of the list is the Berghaus Hillmaster 2 GTX, scoring 9.2 out of 10.
The Hillmaster II GTX walking boots from Berghaus is a well-liked option for those seeking a waterproof and durable outdoor shoe. Available for both men and women, customers and experts rated these day-hiking boots very highly.
Providing exceptional comfort and superior grip on a multitude of surfaces, the Hillmaster II boot should certainly not be overlooked – even when considering the minor complaints about inconsistent sizing and weight.
- Highly comfortable, as attested by many reviewers.
- Performs well on a wide range of surfaces, a large percentage of users confirmed.
- A large number of people praised the high comfort level of these shoes.
- Many reviewers commented on how stylish these boots are.
- A handful of customers loved the ankle support enough to mention it in their reviews.
- Critics and consumers alike were pleased with the level of waterproofing.
- Some users were critical of the shoe’s weight, saying that it felt too heavy when hiking.
- This hiking boot runs a little large, according to a small percentage of reviewers.
Compare Prices for the Berghaus Hillmaster 2 GTX
Berghaus Hillwalker II GTX Boots
Coming in second place is the Berghaus Hillwalker II, scoring 8.9 out of 10.
If you’re into your hiking, camping, and outdoor walks, you’re going to need suitable footwear.
Berghaus is a trusted brand that specialises in all manner of outdoor wear, and their Hillwalker II GTX boots have received high praise from customers and professional reviewers alike.
The gore-tex construction (GTX) means that these hiking boots are waterproof and the overall consensus is that they are comfortable, if not a little bit heavy.
The main criticism of these shoes regards the fit – many customers report that they run a little large. Another concern is how quickly the tread wears down, with some reviewers posting pictures on Amazon of the damage.
- Customers said that these walking boots break in quickly
- The outsole performs well on a wide range of surfaces
- Several reviewers commended the ankle support
- A number of buyers praised that the waterproof design
- The tread wears away quickly, according to some customers
- Some people report that these shoes run a bit large, so maybe order half a size down for a better fit
- The shoes are a little on the heavy side, and not very breathable so might not be great during the summer
Compare Prices for the Berghaus Hillwalker II GTX Boots
Berghaus Explorer Trek GTX Boots
Overall, these Berghaus gore tex walking boots are ranked in third place with a score of 8.7 out of 10.
The vast majority of customers praised the key features such as waterproof elements, fit, and comfort, however, there are some complaints. To be fair, the majority of complaints come from Amazon – so perhaps the shoes which do not pass Berghaus’s quality control get sold on there, or they are fake? We don’t know. Anyway, the main complaints are that they take a while to break in, and multiple Amazon customers said they leaked from day 1.
If you are buying these boots, we highly advise spending a little extra and getting them direct from Berghaus – their prices are in our comparison table. And perhaps, if you buy direct and still have issues, you can leave a review on here? Thanks!
- These hiking boots are highly comfortable
- A durable, well-constructed walking shoe, according to many reviewers
- The Explorer Trek GTX feels lighter than other similarly priced boots
- While a few customers criticized the waterproof nature of the Explorer Trek Walking boots, most buyers were pleased and said that they kept water out, as desired
- The arch support is great in these shoes
- The breathability could be better
- They take a little longer than other shoes such as the Berghaus Hillwalker to break-in
Compare Prices for the Berghaus Explorer Trek GTX Boots
Berghaus Supalite II GTX Boots
With a Savvy Score of 8.6 out of 10, the Supalite II GTX makes our list in 4th place.
Walking and hiking footwear can be expensive so you need to do your homework to ensure you get the right ones for you.
While others in the Berghaus range received quite a few negative comments surrounding the waterproof design, this model did not get as many. Yes, some customers still said that they had issues with water leaking, but they were in the minority.
Most reviewers commended the comfortable nature, however, they do run a bit large so keep this in mind when purchasing.
Be careful when buying on Amazon – here is where we found the most negative reviews. Some of the sellers on there might not be as trustworthy as other brands and sellers, so for the best customer service make sure you buy from somewhere reputable such as Berghaus themselves, Wiggle, or Sportsshoes.com. That said, the vast majority of customers who bought on Amazon had no issues, and prices seem to be better on most sizes.
- As with others in the Berghaus range, the toe box can be a bit narrow, according to some customers
- Some customers reported heel lift with the Supalite II
- These boots are not true to size and run a bit large, according to several reviewers
Compare Prices for the Berghaus Supalite II GTX Boots
Berghaus Expeditor Ridge 2.0 Boots
Finally, we bring you the Berghaus Expeditor Ridge 2.0. They still scored highly with 8.5 out of 10.
Walking and hiking boots don’t have to cost the earth. While it is widely regarded that the more you spend on hiking shoes, the better they will be, some of us need to compromise.
For those with a budget of around £100, the Berghaus Expeditor Ridge 2.0 Boots might be just the ticket.
These budget-friendly walking boots are stylish, highly rated by customers, look great, and run true to size.
While the general consensus is that these boots are great value, some customers report negative experiences. Within a few months of wear, the waterproof qualities might disappear, and others complained of the narrow toe box.
That said, if you’re a casual hiker with a lower budget, these should be ideal. If you need something more robust and have a little extra to spend, perhaps check out some of the alternatives below.
- Most reviewers said that these hiking boots are nice and comfortable
- They are easy to loosen up quickly
- The grip and sturdiness was praised by many customers
- While other shoes from Berghaus such as the Hillwalker II are said to run big, these are true to size, according to many happy users
- The Expeditor Ridge 2.0 might be a little too narrow for some people
- Some customers said that after just a few months, water began leaking into the boots